Midnight Special Reviews

• Jul 02, 2020

Even the visual brilliance of the last 10 minutes of the film doesn't compensate for all the annoyance of the 1h and 40 min that you have to endure an endless chase with touches of government plot mixed with nonsense from religious sect and a family that doesn't know well what will do to a child who has problems with flashes of blue light in his eyes and power to take down a militar satellit. A big waste of time

• Jun 25, 2020

It delivers what it doesn't promise from the beginning. The later half of the film is intriguing and thought provoking but it doesn't have enough at the start of the film to really draw you imagination. This is my favorite genre and I just don't like it, something is missing.

• Jun 09, 2020

It's the sort of low-key science fiction drama that's become disappointingly rare in the sea of Superhero blockbusters... Midnight Special is a film with sweeping emotions and even bolder narrative choices. You owe it to yourself to go in with an open mind and none of its secrets spoiled. Full review: https://reelrunner.wordpress.com/2020/05/27/midnight-special-review-sci-fi-for-the-dreamer/

• Jun 06, 2020

Buon film di fantascienza che riesce ad unire con coerenza fantasia e realismo in una storia terrena e sempre coinvolgente. Solido bilanciamento dei personaggi e convincente regia generale, basata su riprese stabili e movimenti di camera non troppo movimentati. La trama è pressoché monodirezionale e non particolarmente elaborata, ma soddisfa ed intrattiene con decisione lungo tutta la sua durata.

• May 10, 2020

Creative sci fi movie. No real twists, as much as they made it out to be. It was good.

• May 02, 2020

Interessante questa disperata fuga per proteggere un giovane ragazzo. Ambigui e fuori dagli schemi i personaggi di Driver e Edgerton. Finale molto interessante ed originale a mio avviso. Forse la fuga non è particolarmente varia nella prima ora di film.

• Apr 12, 2020

In the end, we're supposed to determine that one of these characters wasn't quite human enough. Instead and anticlimactically, we learn that of all of them.

• Mar 31, 2020

Great movie it is not meant to be a horror movie so if that is what you are looking for don't watch it.

• Mar 16, 2020

Good acting all around, but ultimately not gripping enough of a plot to keep me interested or invested

• Mar 16, 2020

Would make a good novella.

Would make a good novella.