Minions Reviews

• 14h ago

I watched this film in theatres, and highly regret it. The film is not funny, it's in your face and obnoxious. There are no attempts at subtle humour and the minions, in general, are bland characters with no development. There is no message, no point NOTHING, it's bland and almost tedious to watch.

• Jun 03, 2019

The movie was a lazy mess of colours that had no plot at all. You can tell this movie had no real effort put in it. Some people might say: It's a kids movie! Calm down! To that I say: Did you love Lion King, Incredibles and etcetera when you were younger? Do you still love them now because they were lazy, boring and plain minions in it? Or do you like those movies now because it was well written and well animated? Do you still appreciate those movies now? Why was Incredibles 2 so popular??? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKED THE FIRST ONE!!!! NOT JUST KIDS. I BET ALOT OF THE VEIWERS WERE TEENS AND ADULTS. In ten years time when the minions die out, no one will see the suprise sequel.

• May 27, 2019

That humor is braindead. Not like that...

That humor is braindead. Not like that...

• May 20, 2019

Minions is a animation movie. About a boss who hires criatures. Its especies names are Minions, the characters are so funny. It is funny because we dont know the creatures.

• Apr 18, 2019

I like the minions when they were in Despicable Me because they were side characters. They were used moderately, and in moderation, they were actually pretty funny. But making them the main characters in a movie is like being served coleslaw as the main dish. Minions is obviously a movie that's trying to profit of the popularity of the banana-loving yellow species that speaks gibberish. I played this movie on Netflix for the kids and they absolutely loved it, but I got bored of this film once the novelty wears off, and it wore off quick. Because the minions doesn't speak in a language that's familiar to the audience, a lot of the humour relied on slapsticks. Minions is ABSOLUTELY a kids movie. Kids will enjoy it, but for me, the lack of structure made this movie quite hard of watch. Whereas Despicable Me had heart and substance, Minions is ultimately a montage of minions doing silly things. There's a dance scene that made the kids laugh, but I just cringed. Not going to lie, I barely payed attention to this film. It was a film that I played on Netflix to settle the kids down while I played with my phone. Even though I didn't pay attention to the movie, I understood almost everything because it's a very simplistic kids film. The only thing I didn't understand was how did one of the minions become a giant? Because that's the part I completely missed. I did try to watch this movie by myself, but I tuned out when the minions were hitchhiking. That's how far I could tolerate this film, and the hitchhiking scene was 20 minutes into the film. Sandra Bullock and Jon Hamm were kind of enjoyable, but there's not much to their character. I don't hate this film because I knew what kind of movie it was going to be and I knew that I'm not the target demographic. There were a couple of laughs and it succeeds as a kids film, but I prefer kids film that are more family-oriented, and not just for kids.

• Apr 13, 2019

Very funny! Love this movie!

Very funny! Love this movie!

• Mar 22, 2019

Tell me honestly: aside from keeping toddlers entertained why does this exist?

Tell me honestly: aside from keeping toddlers entertained why does this exist?

• Mar 19, 2019

Citizen Kane eat your heart out.

Citizen Kane eat your heart out.

• Mar 16, 2019

This movie is like the worst of the Despicable Me franchise. Some scenes don't make sense

• Feb 24, 2019