Miss Congeniality - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miss Congeniality Reviews

June 18, 2017
Not my favorite Sandra movie but still love it
May 9, 2017
A shining, "brilliant moment " in film!!! Bullock stars as a cop who tries to get ahead of a mean individual. Candace Bergen and Michael Caine add to the great drama; Cathy Morningstar ( Bergen), is a vicious lady who has a gut reaction to being fired from a pageant. Gracie Hart (Bullock) wants to solve the mess and be a great policewoman.When she enters the pageant as Miss New Jersey,she endures a real test of courage. With help from teacher Victor Melling (Caine),the case gets deeper and more intriguing.Bullock shines, and wins the case hands down!
½ March 15, 2017
Miss Congeniality is a passable and enjoyable film that isn't too clever but isn't too stupid either. I hated the first part of the film when Bullock is a tom-boy purely because of the way they portray it. The opening scene with her as a child was unnecessary and ridiculous. The fact that the director tries to shove the message down our throats that she's a tom-boy drives me insane. It's so lazy, from listening to rap music while boxing to eating ice cream like a pig, there's just no need for it. We get it, alright? The film picks up when Michael Caine is introduced and it becomes much more enjoyable, particularly with the banter and subtle war of dominance between the two. I also thought the lighting was very clever, dark when Bullock is ugly but much lighter and happier after her makeover. The competition itself was ok and the way it ended was, of course corny, and a bit contradicting to the central believes of the character but this film is ok and that's it. Ok.
March 10, 2017
This is the type of movie Sandra Bullock was born for. Silly comedies. Nothing smart or real. Just a silly story about an FBI agent who poses as a Beauty Queen. Just dumb fun.
½ February 24, 2017
A fun and pretty harmless comedy. Bullock and Caine have good chemistry in this fun satire. Plus, William Shatner sings. What more could you ask for?
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
October 24, 2016
It means well I guess but it's forgettable formula.
August 7, 2016
It's an enjoyable movie, however it's not particularly exciting or groundbreaking. It it comes on free to air TV I'd sit through it, but I wouldn't actively seek to watch it again.
August 2, 2016
Rather amusing all the way through, a really original idea as well.
½ July 29, 2016
Sandra Bullock is just the first of many reasons why this film is a step-above watchable.
½ July 16, 2016
This movie is exactly what you expect it to be. The Critics Consensus is pretty dead on when describing it as being like a sitcom- that's exactly what I was trying to put my finger on. It has a lot of charm and my daughter loves it, but it's definitely living in its own reality.
½ May 12, 2016
This movie captures the transitional phase in film style at the turn of the century. Looking back on it, one can only help themselves to actually view the film as part of a movement, from the 90's to 2000.
May 2, 2016
I don't think anyone was expecting an Oscar winner here, and this wasn't up to par with that, however, it was still entertaining, funny and easy to watch
½ March 28, 2016
It's light and sheer fun. That's what makes Miss Congeniality an entertaining watch.
½ March 15, 2016
it's fluffy and cute and fun. no harm
January 5, 2016
A hilarious parody of pageants, "girly-girls," and chick flicks in general, Miss Congeniality is a hilariously good time for both men and women.
½ December 17, 2015
Interesting spy film
December 16, 2015
Sandra Bullock is one of the most overrated actresses in the history of cinema.
December 12, 2015
Great movie filled with laughter, love, and a very dramatic but successful makeover.
½ October 30, 2015
Enjoyed this comedy film very much!