Moonrise Kingdom Reviews

• 5d ago

This movie captures a realistic and pure definition of love, and delights with that color and simetry that just Anderson knows how to use.

• Jul 28, 2019

Wes Anderson has made one weird movie after another. Now he decides to make a movie about two kids falling in love and running off together. Really? I'm just gonna come out and say it. I do not respect Wes Anderson as a filmmaker. It's because of him catastrophes like this get made.

• Jul 20, 2019

Fun, silly little romp that will make you smile!

Fun, silly little romp that will make you smile!

• Jul 04, 2019

I did not care for this movie I like the director and his other movies so it makes me sad to give a low rating. Great actors, poor story I thought that it would be cute but was not impressed.

• Jun 25, 2019

Charming, whimsical movie.

Charming, whimsical movie.

• Jun 11, 2019

Great fairytale film. Wes Anderson shows us that he is a master of his craft. Another great coming of age film from the 21st century. It is a quirky love story between two children which is as sad as it is funny. The direction from Anderson as is perfect.

• Apr 25, 2019

Moonrise Kingdom is a 2012 film directed by Wes Anderson. The film stars Jared Gilman as Sam and Bruce Willis as Captain Sharp. The acting is very strong especially for the children actors. I especially liked Jared Gilman as Sam; I felt that he gave the character a very good performance. The characters I felt were both very enjoyable and portrayed very well. The cinematography like most Wes Anderson films really works and in my opinion also works with the comedy. The film also has some very nice and well designed settings from the woods to a scouting camp. The set design and costume design are done very well and fit the style of the film really well. The style of the film I personally love from the colour scheme to the stylistic cinematography. The film also had some very sound practical and special effects, but most of it is toward the end of the film. The film also has a little bit of action, but it is mostly used for comedic effect. In my opinion I personally really like the way the dialogue is delivered especially with the comedic scenes. The editing in the film is also very strong and helps with the comedy of the film. Like most of Wes Anderson films it also had some surprisingly really good music. The story follows a boy named Sam who escapes his scouting camp to run off with a girl called Suzy Bishop. During this Sam and Suzy are on the run from the camp, cops and Suzy's parents. The comedy in my opinion is some of the strongest that Wes Anderson has ever done and had me laughing out loud throughout the runtime of the film. The film throughout also had a great atmosphere to it especially toward the end of the film. The film I also really enjoyed and is something that I will be watching again very soon. Over all I give it a 9/10 - second best Wes Anderson as of right now

• Mar 03, 2019

The cast in this film is excellent and fun to watch

The cast in this film is excellent and fun to watch

• Jan 01, 2019

I love this movie, it has a beautiful soundtrack and the scenes are breathtaking.

• Dec 16, 2018

Very, very funny! Weird, but that's the point. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Very, very funny! Weird, but that's the point. I enjoyed it thoroughly.