Music and Lyrics - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Music and Lyrics Reviews

August 31, 2016
Music and lyrics is an undeniably charming movie which cast is outstanding, however the story is predictable and very cliched.
½ July 16, 2016
Still smiling about the opening song
½ June 27, 2016
I think the opening scene of this flick is by far the coolest.  It's a music video for "Pop Goes My Heart" and everything about it screams 80s.  It's hilarious.  The fact that I was laughing as soon as the movie started rolling is a good sign.  The movie has funny moments.  It's not laugh till you drop funny.  However, I recommend this one especially if you dig the 80s.
½ June 25, 2016
Pleasant romcom with swinging songs. Grant played his usually breezy self, Drew Barrymore plays her usual innocent, breezy, and naive, vulnerable self with a great deal of charm. Pleasant enjoyable flick.
June 11, 2016
The first time I saw this, I thought so cheesyand was not amused with the over the top 80s video. A few years go by, it comes on, I watch it again and realized the cheese was what makes it so fun. It has become one of my favorite go to movies when I want a pick me up. I hear different clever lines with every watch as well and the song Pop goes my heart is an earworm.
May 20, 2016
Love this movie. Okay, I think it's more than a bit a rehash of The Wedding Singer, but I can excuse that because it's just such fun to watch!
I love the Pop song too, even though Hugh Grant probably shouldn't sing. I have to admit after my first rewatch in years, I upgraded this to five stars and got on eBay looking for the soundtrack!
Cora is a great character too, I enjoyed her parts.
Drew Barrymore need I say more. She does these funny rom com roles so well, and her clothes are beautiful here too.
The bit where Hugh's washed up rock star nearly puts his hip out doing his moves on stage gave me a laugh.
½ March 3, 2016
this movie is exactly what you would expect from a movie with hugh grant and drew barrymore.
½ March 3, 2016
Good movie. Hugh and Drew work well together on screen. Great pairing. I wish they would do more movies together.
February 24, 2016
Funny and undeniably charming, Music And Lyrics delivers delightful harmony with a light-hearted narrative, fun musical numbers and the terrific chemistry between Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore.
½ February 8, 2016
This is in my top 5 of romantic comedies. I just watched it again...making it at least 10 times now. Love it!
½ February 7, 2016
Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore compliment each other very well in there acting and signing in this movie i enjoyed this movie a great deal.
January 31, 2016
Drew does an amazing job & hugh is as entertaining as ever!
January 26, 2016
It's not the worst movie ever made.
January 8, 2016
Funny romantic comedy. Love the chemistry between Hugh Grant and Drew Berrymore. The music is very catching and fun.
January 2, 2016
Surprising good and re-watchable
½ December 27, 2015
If you are a fan of 80's English synth pop then this is the film for you. I quite liked it, myself.
½ December 14, 2015
Music and Lyrics: Certain aspects of this romantic comedy are just as cheesy and corny as the 80s pop star-turned-has been that Hugh Grant deftly portrays. But the excellent chemistry between Grant and Drew Barrymore as songwriters penning a tune for a seemingly brainless pop diva makes this cheesefest wonderfully delicious and with tons of heart. The soundtrack is awesome and the film features one of the best 80s homage closing credits in cinema history. A
December 8, 2015
good chemistry in this rom-com
October 30, 2015
One of the funniest films I've seen. Lots of laugh out loud moments and consistent chuckles
October 2, 2015
Quaint....not great but quaint.