Music and Lyrics Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

As romantic comedies go, it was charming and entertaining.

As romantic comedies go, it was charming and entertaining.

• Jun 18, 2019

Not really a fan of romantic comedies because they rarely deserve that name, since they are mostly not very funny or even romantic. This one is both, the songs are catchy, and the storyline, while predictable (it's a rom-com after all) is fairly original. Music and Lyrics is entertaining from start to finish, the characters are sweet and endearing, the dialogue is witty, and the songs are catchy. The music video to "Pop, goes my heart" that serves as the film's intro is original and fun to watch and sets the stage for an entertaining 1 ½ hours. I own the DVD and have watched it many times since, and played it on girl's movie nights, it just doesn't get old. Music & Lyrics is a guilty pleasure that delivers all you can expect from a romantic comedy, and more, so if asked for a really good rom-com this is always the first one I recommend. But yes, of course it is a chick-flick (and I'll admit that my husband didn't like it).

• Jun 04, 2019

Decent date night movie for a "Netflix and chill" night with your significant other. Standard 90s style romantic comedy who's enjoyment depends on your love of the leading couple. Hugh Grant has pretty much done a movie like this with lots of Hollywood's leading ladies and Drew Barrymore channels the character she played in "The Wedding Singer". Grant plays a popular 80s music artist who now performs at festivals and theme parks and Barrymore helps him write lyrics for a song he has to make for a popular artist who's obviously a spoof on Britney Spears if she was a practicing Buddhist. I enjoyed it, and I am fan of both actors as well. If you don't like them, then don't watch it. There's no game changing performance by either of them, Grant sticks to his witty "British Charm" and Drew is the complicated, quirky, funny, girl next door. FINAL REVIEW: 7 out of 10

• Dec 16, 2018

This is a wonderful "feel-good" movie that also has substance. Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore are a delight to watch...and listen to. Love the hilarious take-off of the 80s WHAM group with Grant hip-grinding and butt-moving with the best of them. Okay, George Michael was better, but Grant is pretty good and easy on the eyes also. When I need an optimistic film, this is the one I turn to. Highly recommended.

• Sep 09, 2018

the best rom com. great cast, great story, great music. its funny, sweet and Hugh grant sings and dances. what more could you want.

• Jul 21, 2018

love this movie. Hugh Grant did really well with this movie.

love this movie. Hugh Grant did really well with this movie.

• Jun 24, 2018

Love it, crazy movie and music perfect.

Love it, crazy movie and music perfect.

• Apr 25, 2018

Well, fuck people who would ever put this one down! Bottom line is this: if you don't have a heart, you won't love it, and if you do, you will!!! Drew Barrymore as always totally takes it all away, and Hugh grant is magnficent like always! So, fuck off tomatoemeter!

• Jan 28, 2018

A great escape movie!

A great escape movie!

• Dec 20, 2017

Very funny movie. If you love the 80's era, it's worth a watch.

Very funny movie. If you love the 80's era, it's worth a watch.