National Lampoon's Animal House Reviews

• Aug 23, 2020

regular comedy film; the film is basically a university fraternity against another; humor is clueless; the impression it gives is that the director said: do what you want and we're going to film all right? you will laugh in some moments others will not; if you want clueless nonsense, politically incorrect you'll like

• Aug 08, 2020

The best movie with an all star cast to close out the 1970's. John "Bluto"Belushi at his best live like a pig self. Filmed at Oregon University. Great music great time to be in college. The dead horse in the dean's office was classic. Animal House 4 ever!

• Jul 15, 2020

Some of its performances still work but it is aging terribly.

Some of its performances still work but it is aging terribly.

• Jul 11, 2020

It's a different film to watch now and maybe other Gen-Xers feel the same way. It's nostalgic in that it doesn't remind me of what went on in the movie, but it does hearken back memories of what life was like during the times we watched the movie -- over and over. Those were happy times and this movie is a great memory of those times.

• Jul 11, 2020

The greatest comedy of all time. Great script. Perfect collection of funny actors and just some of the classic movie lines in cinema history. All my friends still quote numerous lines from this movie. Time for a food fight....

• Jun 17, 2020

90% of the jokes fell flat completely

90% of the jokes fell flat completely

• May 11, 2020

After a bit of a silly slow beginning the second half really ramps up with raunchy crazy fun with some laughs thrown in.

• Apr 30, 2020

Just all the excessive craziness and hilarious situations you would expect from Belushi's golden years

• Feb 26, 2020

I like Landis and Belushi. But I was expecting to like this film more. Perhaps I cant relate to the humour of this film much. I get it. It's just. I've never really found it that funny. I'm not from that type of American University frat boy culture. It's just not my scene All in all, While the low comedy is undeniably effective, the film leaves behind a bad taste of snobbery and petty meanness. I can reccomend it, but you may find its potential limited depending on your background of humour. *chanting* "Toga, toga, toga, toga!"

• Feb 24, 2020

An absolute classic. One of those movies everyone needs to see at least once, probably more.