Needful Things Reviews

• Jul 29, 2019

One of the most underrated, most misunderstood and most funny movies I know. Not that there is a moment to laugh because of funny fun. It's pure bashful laughing. This is a very very harsh mirror, mostly to the american w.o.l., but of course to human nature in general. Maybe the reflection was too sharp then. People could not bear it and just said "no ! that's not us !". But it is us. One of the most underrated, most misunderstood and most funny movies I know. Not that there is a moment to laugh because of funny fun. It's pure bashful laughing. This is a very very harsh mirror, mostly to the american w.o.l., but of course to human nature. Maybe the reflection was too sharp then. People could not bear it and just said "no ! that's not us !". But it is. One can read it everyday in the news. However, Max von Sydow is great, if not iconic as the incarnation of evil. I thought I recognise sometimes a diabolic joy in his face while he is playing his part. The movie tells us that things are the least needful for us. The most needful things are us, our families, our fellow people. The fight against evil cannot be fought with violence in the physical plane. It is a fight that takes place deep inside of our minds.

• Jun 02, 2019

great story, good direction and twist with a most satisfying ending.

great story, good direction and twist with a most satisfying ending.

• May 25, 2019

If I hadn't read the book I would have no idea what was going on. The blue Ghostbuster lightning was cheesy in a not good way (I usually love it), and they cut out like 75% of the plot. This could have made an amazing miniseries, and maybe some day it will be made. But seriously, don't waste your time with this.

• May 19, 2019

such awful movies were made in the early 90s

such awful movies were made in the early 90s

• Apr 05, 2019

A very good adaptation of Stephen King's novel! Ed Harris and especially Max von Sydow do a great job bringing the characters to life.

• Dec 25, 2018

Love this movie. :) "I killed my wife. Is that wrong"? "Hey, these things happen". That line. lol

• Sep 14, 2018

A chilling take of greed and humanity's faults wrapped in Kings signature style of storytelling

• Aug 26, 2018

A watered down version of a great book, despite being 2 hours. Personally I think you could watch it as a fan of the book and genre and not be overly disappointed, but only barely.

• Aug 18, 2018

There are a lot of good elements about this film (particularly Max Von Sydow as essentially the devil) so it seems a real shame to dismiss it. The idea of an evil being essentially accelerating the existing feuds in a community is great but the background of all these fights is left undeveloped and we have to infer that there's conflict rather than feeling it. The whole first half of the film is a confused jumble and we're left at a loss about what's happening and why. The finale makes up for a lot of the issues in the first part by ramping everything up to ten and giving us the grand spectacle we'd been wanting. After the finale you can sort of see what they were going for in the first bit, but by that point it's too late isn't it?

• Mar 09, 2018