Night Moves Reviews

• Dec 31, 2020

I came to this film after watching First Cow. While I didn't love First Cow, it did perk my interest in Kelly Reichardt's other work. As I began watching I came to realize that I watched this movie years ago but only remembered small tidbits. After a full rewatch, I think I can safely say that while Reichardt's style is not one I love, it's tough to dismiss. Her intention to exhaust the atmosphere is a bit irritating and I think her films would be significantly better if she trimmed their fat to a great degree. Night Moves is no exception, but does deliver slow and ambient tension with quite a payoff.

• Jul 31, 2020

This made me never want to watch movies again. Second half of movie presented itself as if it would become a deep, dark, clever story -- but never amounted to anything except a total waste if time. Dull extended shots and zero payoff in the end. Ugh.

• May 31, 2020

Drains you in, never lets you out

Drains you in, never lets you out

• May 19, 2020

Though a bit too slow and lacking the action sometimes, the movie manages to grab viewer's attention by a classical crime and punishment theme, meticulously depicting the hell of somebody punishing themselves for a crime bitter than the society would have done.

• Dec 30, 2019

Poorly pathetic attempt at entertainment. Wondered why I had never heard of this movie, quickly realized why upon watching it. It sucks and appears to somehow glorify anti American behavior.

• Jul 27, 2019

When I read that a movie is listed as a "thriller" that is what I expect to witness. Instead, this movie seems to draaaaag on. I love the fact that the movie sheds light on how destructive humans are to the earth but if the person watching the movie turn it off before they get the point, nothing is learned!

• Jul 27, 2019

To be candid, I am not a professional movie critic but I did get a solid B- in my Movie Appreciation class at the local junior college. With that said, I found Night Moves to be a sprawling meandering melodrama that does little to satisfy. The setup is incomplete, the confrontation lacks punch and there is no apparent resolution. Viewers are left with proverbial WTF just happened? All in all, I think Mr. Lemieux, my Movie Appreciation teacher would have given this movie two thumbs down and one "burned crepe".

• Jul 24, 2019

At first this movie seemed promising, but after the first half of the movie it severely declined. The ending was quite disappointing and lackluster.

• Jul 14, 2019

There were a few things that didn't seem to make sense with this movie. It made me question why it happened out loud. However, that's a very minor gripe. At the same time it has a great suspenseful quality to it, especially if you have some of these activist's ideals. The ending was somewhat satisfying and a bit different. Great theme and i'm curious about the writers and directors now.

• Jul 10, 2019

Waste of time - dull ending.

Waste of time - dull ending.