Nocturnal Animals Reviews

• 3d ago

Nocturnal Animals stars Amy Adams as a famous Los Angeles art gallery owner who received a haunting novel from her ex husband played by Jake Gyllenhaal. The plot was written and directed by fashion designer Tom Ford. I felt like I was watching two movies blended into one. I was not sure if Amy Adams has any part of his novel but I was confused when the story was in the present or part if the past. Armie Hammer had a small role in the movie as Adams current cheating husband while Isla Fisher played Jake's wife in the book. The movie was very graphic to the point where it started out with naked obese women dancing in a museum. It was such a sad movie. I couldn't see myself watching this again.

• Nov 24, 2020

Nobody expected it to be this good, Tom Ford amazed us all

Nobody expected it to be this good, Tom Ford amazed us all

• Nov 15, 2020

A well made and acted film, but why...?

A well made and acted film, but why...?

• Nov 14, 2020

Maybe a little heavy, but its masterfully written and full of metaphors story, the incredible cast and its great performances, originality and that is visually stunning make 'Nocturnal Animals' one the best films of 2016. 4.5/5 - 9/10

• Nov 08, 2020

brilliant and devastating. a film not to be missed.

brilliant and devastating. a film not to be missed.

• Nov 05, 2020

This movie has the veneer of a good movie... It looks nice and has a great cast, so I can see why so many were pleased with it, but... This was not a good movie. The story within the story was not good. It was full of cliches and poorly written. It was never clear if that was intentional or not. In the end, I think not. I think the movie took itself too seriously and ultimately had nothing to say. The opening credits scene was just bizarre in the context of the rest of the film. Perhaps a narrator would have helped.

• Sep 26, 2020

Depressing unsatisfying waste of time.

Depressing unsatisfying waste of time.

• Aug 13, 2020

Pacing, themes, performances, music, puzzle like structure. Loving everything about it. A pleasure Tom Ford should do nothing other than direct movies he does it so good!

• Aug 12, 2020

Refreshing tale of vengeance. Richful storytelling,masterfully crafted a story inside another made it deliciously tense and dark .

• Aug 07, 2020

Leads are spot on. One of the most thrilling and exciting movies ever made and a brilliant writing. But in some important hitting moments, it doesn't quite hit enough. In the end it feels that all of the story was for nothing.