Noises Off - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Noises Off Reviews

June 29, 2016
Freakin' hilarious! A madcap, screwball comedy about an inept theatre troupe staging of a bedroom farce that is crazy funny! SEE IT!
½ February 25, 2016
I remember seeing this one on TV once when I was a kid, and the image of peple running in and out of doors in their underwear stuck with me. And then recently I stumbled onto the trailer and I just had to check out this memory with fresh eyes...and it was pretty funny! Essentially the movie is a farce about the antics of a touring theater group as they attempt to perform their play (which itself is meant to be a farce), but their backstage issues get in the way of the performances. The cast is great, and is pure lunacy. This is the kind of weird little comedy that just goes unnoticed, but kind of deserves a better following.
½ January 29, 2016
Despite a game cast, NOISES OFF suffers from a case of inescapable staginess and a staleness that results from the farcical elements losing their power when adapted to the screen.
January 3, 2016
Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing for a long time. Who wants to be in Michael Caine's shoes ;) I wonder how long it took them and how many bloopers happened while filming. Also how fun must it be to actually watch this in form of a play. Might be a little insane :)
July 22, 2015
A pretty funny look behind the scenes of a stage show. It was interesting to see John Ritter and Christopher Reeve as they are both gone now.
May 27, 2015
All its jokes might not sway someone not well acquainted with theatre, but either way, it's one darn funny movie with a careful view of relationships between characters.
½ October 18, 2014
This was truly funny movie people that have theatre background would laugh at this. The 2nd half of the movie just couldn't stop laughing!!! Great acting by everyone!! It is slow but fun movie!
October 17, 2014
I want to rate this higher, but after reading through the script for the stage play I felt many of the additions in the movie where unnecessary. It was well done, but I think there is something lost with the camera changing angles and telling us what to focus on when there is so much meant to be going on in this show.
½ May 26, 2014
The sections copied straight from the play are a riot. The ill-advised changes fall flat. Final verdict: See it onstage, not onscreen.
½ May 10, 2014
Though there are elements of the hit stage show that simply can't be translated to screen, this adaption tries it's darndest and comes very close thanks to its skillful camera work and talented cast.
February 26, 2014
This film is one of my top five favorites of all time!
January 11, 2014
A very chaotic 'can't believe they pulled it off' film directed by Peter Bogdanivich featuring an all star cast.

Basically the chaos that goes behind the scenes of a very funny, unorganised touring theatre show. Filled to the rim of strange but likeable characters.

The pace of this film is relentless and they are able to keep the pace so well. It's a heavy dialogued film that is truly a mile a minute.
½ November 11, 2013
Very conflicted thoughts on this one. Despite featuring a remarkable cast that absolutely nails the script with their delivery, it is abundantly clear that this was never meant to be done as anything but live theater. It is virtually uncinematic in about every way possible in a way that is almost irritating.
I frequently found myself laughing very hard. I just wanted so much for it to be live in front of me.
September 28, 2013
I got stitches, I was laughing so hard I cried! I forgot how I sound when I laugh, really laugh - if you don't find any of the current supposedly funny shows funny, like me, you will love this. Simply hilarious, a definite new favourite of mine i'll be seeing again and again, and again...!
½ September 24, 2013
The Physical Comedy that this is, is what makes it sooo fun to watch.
½ August 17, 2013
chaotic, fun and will definitely make u laugh...
August 3, 2013
Absolutely terrific! Proving Christopher Reeve's could do amazing comical performances. John Ritter at his slapstick best. Michael Caine dry and hilarious wit. Entire cast fabulous together. One of my favorite comedies, ever!
July 7, 2013
The trials and tribulations of a group of inept theatre actors preparing for the opening of a show. While scenes are well choreographed, they are always borderline annoyingly fast, while not even the talented cast can make the characters come across as likeable.
July 1, 2013
Saw this yesterday and it's probably the most underrated movie of all time. HILARIOUS!
May 20, 2013
Works better as a theater piece but the terrific cast really makes it special.