Norbit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Norbit Reviews

½ February 14, 2018
"I'll show you how bitch go down the slide"
I find this film hilarious and filled with quotes I find hysterical. I get that the film isn't that good. However the way I see it is that it has one job to do witch is make you laugh, and for me it succeeds.
February 13, 2018
has some real lulls and bad jokes but if you can get past that it also has a lot of classic eddie murphy parts that will get you laughing. Not Eddie's best work but a nice watch if you're a fan of his work.
½ February 1, 2018
Amazing! Don't understand why it has low reviews. It's extremely hilarious
½ January 18, 2018
i cant be;ieve i got so high that i watched this movie lmaoooo
January 2, 2018
I know a lot of people hate this movie and I don't blame them since it can be quite mean-spirited as well as racist. However, Norbit is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. A legitimate guilty pleasure. One of those types of guilty pleasures that has a lower score than 5.0 on IMDb. I laughed my ass off throughout, the artificial obesity created for Eddie Murphy when pretending to be a fatass woman is quite convincing and much like in Coming to America the filmmakers do a good job of doing the Back to the Future II thing where the same actor plays two characters in the same scene without having to focus the camera on one person at a time and then editing them together. I really believed that a fat woman jumped on her husband to have sex. No sarcasm, there. It doesn't look like awkward green screen. While it is forgettable and occasionally racist, I still think that Norbit will be seen in a more positive light by fans of Eddie Murphy. This may very well be one of the guiltiest pleasures I have had the guilt of being pleasured by...why did that sound a lot funnier in my head than when I actually typed that in?
December 7, 2017
As much as this film has a few laughs it's utterly ridiculous...plot barely makes sense.

A great showcase for Eddie Murphy's versatility as an actor.

Rather stupid & pointless will appeal to fans of White Chicks no doubt.
December 5, 2017
Still don't understand why you Americans can't laugh with it.
October 11, 2017
A one note film that feels like it attempted to recreate some of the Nutty Professor magic, but missed the mark. A lot of the jokes and gags are based on stereotypes and are just not humorous in any way. There's a reason this basically marked the end of Eddie Murphy.
September 6, 2017
a classic really funny I recommend you watch it
September 5, 2017
I died at the movie because of laughing to hard I love raspusia
August 25, 2017
My Worst Film Of All Time Is 2000's Battlefield Earth.
June 14, 2017
This movie is hilarious! Eddie murphy is just raw comedy talent. I noticed some of the bad reviews and i cant help but get the hunch that a lot of the bad reviews are just biased reviews. Rasputia's fatness is funny and coupled with her bad personality gives reason for Mr Wong to call her a gorilla XD LOL. Must see movie!
May 25, 2017
Crude and repulsive. Just appalling how bad it is. Eddie Murphy's attempt to play different roles does not work out so well this time. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ May 7, 2017
I'm gonna give this film 3 and a half and the thing that is so Funny in this film is when Rasputia Always says ''HOW YA DOIN'' That should be some kind of trend or something LOVED THIS FILM
March 19, 2017
I saw this at the cinema. This is only one of the things that I regret.
March 19, 2017
I don't care what people think; I love this film. It's consistently hilarious as long as you do as intended, and don't take it seriously.
March 19, 2017
Excellent movie and a beautiful love story!
March 14, 2017
Best movie ever I have ever seen. "Right in the blowhole" perfectly sums up how I feel about this movie. 10/10 give this movie an Oscar.
December 1, 2016
Norbit is a comedy/drama genre. it is about a mild-mannered guy, who is married to a giant wild women. after crazy adventures, and a lot of discouraging fights, he tries to call it quits. He meets the women of his dreams again 10 years down the road. the same girl he falls in love with is the same girl that was his best friend in the orphanage that they shared. He schemes to find his way back to her. This movie itself is a hilarious movie but has some bad aspects about it. the movie has a lot of vulgar scenes and a lot of racism. I recommend this movie to kids 18 or an older and an audience that has a since of humor.
½ September 18, 2016
Norbit isn't really a great movie. The trailer to this movie looked hilarious and I thought that the movie was going to be even better, but I was wrong. This movie lacked laughter and was somewhat entertaining. However, this was one of Eddie Murphy's worst movies yet. I would somewhat suggest this movie.