Occupation Reviews

• Sep 14, 2019

I'm all for Aussie sci fi and gave it a thumbs up, but... Come on..it's as though it was directed, produced and written by writers who had crossed over from other fields. If they'd hired a dozen sci fi nerds they would have come up with some great ideas to improve it on a shoestring budget. CGI rather than an open canefield of shitty explosives. The movie would have been far better off written as a comedy/sci fi like Galaxy Quest, then shaky sets, low budget and bad acting can be explained away and the audience still has a good time because it becomes so bad it's good, rather than so bad it's boring. The casting could have been better, and the diversity olympics of it just tried too hard as to be unrealistic, and just plain ridiculous to the point where I was surprised that one of the aliens wasn't questioning his gender identity or something. Stephanie Jacobsen can act, she has cred in sci fi, but was let down by poor direction and a shoddy script in parts. This film really needed a second set of eyes out of the loop, preferably someone who knows something about sci-fi, to get some fan service happening for the sci-fi geeks it hoped to attract. I mean really, how much would it cost to hire someone who knows how to hold and shoot a gun train the actors so they don't look like toys? We can do better.

• Sep 11, 2019

Who gave these people money to make this shit storm?!

Who gave these people money to make this shit storm?!

• Sep 07, 2019

I've watched a lot of bad alien movies, but this was pretty hard to watch. No real character building, lots of plot holes. Shitty pointless montages used to skip through time that didn't really help to develop the story. When main characters were hurt of killed it was difficult to care. Story was so unmoving i almost sided with the aliens...

• Jul 22, 2019

It's a bit of a narrative mess, but it's fun. And it's Australian.

It's a bit of a narrative mess, but it's fun. And it's Australian.

• Jul 20, 2019

Couldn't finish this. It needed to have more action and grit to it but instead was too "family movie" (ie over-acting, you know everythings going to work out in the end, etc). Would be good for kids/early teens.

• May 28, 2019

Started off strong, but tried to fit too much story into a small window of time causing the last half of the movie to feel forced.

• May 22, 2019

It's a very cheap, very poorly made, poorly acted and poorly thought through film. It is really hard to watch because of it's stupidity. I do not recall any film that is more stupid than this. I tried to watch it without sound, I tried to fast forward it - it is excruciating to watch either way.

• Apr 20, 2019

How this film got 1000+ positive reviews is beyond me. Maybe the cast and film crew got everyone the knew to give it a positive rating. Save yourself the pain of watching this excruciatingly BAD film.

• Mar 22, 2019

Complete and utter tripe. Just spent £6 renting this on Sky and feel robbed. There is no storyline to speak of. Script is poor and acting wooden. Clearly made on the cheap, army camp is a clearing in the woods and alien outfits look like 80s spandex. Highlight was when the menacing aliens started speaking in an australian accent.

• Mar 09, 2019

everyone who rated this movie well owes the rest of us 2 hours...

everyone who rated this movie well owes the rest of us 2 hours...