Ocean's Twelve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Twelve Reviews

October 25, 2016
Apres un premier episode plutot reussi, celui-ci est beaucoup plus mou et moins approfondi. Tout cela manque de rebondissements.
October 15, 2016
Although the third act is satisfying, the knowledge of the first film's plot leaves it predictable. Some of the twists of Ocean's Twelve are unexpected, most not. The real flaws of the the film are the messy, unfocused cinematography, editing, and plot development.
October 3, 2016
Movie is all over the place. Too many surprises, too many cameos for no good reasons. Very loose.
September 8, 2016
For at least half its running time this high-profile sequel skirts just the right side of plausible fun. The cast are obviously good chums and play off each other with affection. Soderbergh's camera doesn't hang about and the swift edits lure you into the labyrinthine plotting. But around an hour in it suddenly becomes both incomprehensible and ridiculous and you quickly stop caring what happens next (if you can even work it out). A shame.
½ September 6, 2016
Tries too hard to please and is a phoned in 'effort' (or lack thereof)
½ July 16, 2016
7/16/2016: Not near as good as the first one.
May 26, 2016
Ocean's Twelve makes a fair attempt in developing some complexity in its story, even though the shaky direction and unnecessary plot points will make you think otherwise. Clooney, Pitt, Damon, Roberts, new addition Zeta-Jones and cast continue with their shtick but not enough to hide the blemishes that weigh down the film. 3/5
May 15, 2016
Julia Roberts pretending to be Julia Roberts. That is ALL I have to say about this garbage.
May 14, 2016
The star studded crew from "Ocean's Eleven" go to Europe in a good-looking sequel, that sadly lacks any of the style or coolness of the first. Disappointing.
May 8, 2016
I love heist movies, I loved this one too!
½ February 15, 2016
Ocean's Twelve is a sequel to the well received remake that's also directed by the same director, and it has the same crew before, but with new actors like Catherine Zeta-Jones and Vincent Cassel, and it continues the story by the fact that Terry Benedict got his money stole by the Ocean crew, and he threaten them to give back his money. So the crew has to give him back the money with a problem that they payed some of the millions that they had from it. I do like that it's continuing the story from the previous movie instead of doing the same plot as before, but it ended up being not as smart as the first movie. The script is written by George Nolfi, it sadly doesn't have the snappy dialogue that the first one did, and it was trying to be funnier than the first one which half the time I did laugh, and the other half I didn't, as it was a bit too silly which felt out of place. Some of the decisions that the characters made are very idiotic and felt lazy which I don't understand why they think it was even smart to do that in the first place. The cast are still great in it, and I was quite interested to see where it was going at times. I like the chemistry between Brad Pitt and Catherine Zeta-Jones, and there were some cool moments that I liked. Ocean's Twelve is one of those films that viewers either like, or hate it, and while I think it's a decent sequel, I understand from both sides and I was disappointed in the sequel, that is until Steven Soderbergh directed the better third movie that ended the series.
½ February 12, 2016
Too confusing and convoluted for its own good, 12 is a big step down from their first outing.
February 7, 2016
Not as good as the one that came before it, but the twists were just as fun as last time.
January 29, 2016
Oceans 12 is definately over the top and lazy, while it tries to get as lay-back and stylish as the first one. Ulitmately is fails, and for some might end up not being satisfying. Worth a watch, but definately not a second time.
January 28, 2016
It's entertaining enough to pull through, plus, there's a Frenchman in a leotard.
January 17, 2016
The best part was when Julia Roberts was playing Tess who was pretending to be Julia Roberts.
Otherwise it was...a bit whut? Suddenly there is a random guy that appeared and told then where it was...and the whole backpack deal.
Ugh don't like when they do that to the viewer.Just another film to see again.
½ December 29, 2015
This is very different from its predecessor, with a distinctive style of direction and an offbeat plot but I enjoyed this a lot more than the first time I watched it and, in the end, it was surprisingly fun.
½ October 24, 2015
Yeesh. What a mess.......
October 9, 2015
"Ocean's Twelve" has the same quirky spirit of its predecessor, but it gets too caught up in implausibilities and ambiguity to hit anywhere close to the greatness that came before it.
September 25, 2015
Great heist once again, great twists once again and finally great talent once again. Not only is this one funnier but in my opinion the story and characters are more developed and interesting.