October Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October 5, 2016
thanks for
good movie
September 13, 2016
.Great story of ambition and determination, exactly the film that any person should see. This is one of those films I put off for way too long and couldn't tell you why. Perfect filmmaking and one that pulls all the correct strings
½ August 12, 2016
The concepts and subject matter of the film are fresh and interesting, but the actual plot is just a retread of the things we see in pretty every movie.
July 30, 2016
oh for pete sake you can't help yourself from getting sucked into the wonderful story and heart felt setiment of perseverance and total ambition from adversity to see that october sky is the ultimate in uplifting drama.
July 10, 2016
This is one of my top 10 favorite movies! :)
July 6, 2016
Lots of memories from the dollar movies, including dancing during the credits.
½ June 14, 2016
Boring wanted to fall asleep
June 12, 2016
One of my absolute favorite movies. The best part for me about this movie is the fact that the soundtrack has music from the time period instead of using modern music for a story from the 60's. Has the best soundtrack and score. Love, love, love it!
April 9, 2016
One of the best "based on true events" movie I've ever seen!
½ March 17, 2016
A deeply moving film with fine performances and a true story worth watching with company or family
March 15, 2016
Great and very moving movie. A story that kept my interest and ultimately was very touching.
February 12, 2016
82% - Really ambitious film. This film has everything that it needs to be inspirational. Also, this is the perfect example that shows us that life is ours and we decide what we want to be.
February 5, 2016
This is a true inspiring story about a teenager wanting to make a rocket for the first time in his life but his father is not supportive but the teenager goes with what he thinks. Teenager has friends that are helping him make the rocket. I have this movie can teach you how to support others yelp and getting along
January 31, 2016
10 out of 10:

Sweet, well acted, and inspiring, October Sky makes a fantastic family film.
January 24, 2016
I really enjoyed the movie because I know the place is represents. It was filmed in Tennessee because there were no places for the actors and crew to stay and the area is much rougher than depicted so there would not be enough space to make the movie. I would have done anything to get away from there.
December 5, 2015
Excellent biopic with a strong cast, follows a well worn path but with enough intelligence not to be too saccharin. Whilst the main story of a young mans battle to break the chains is great, the back story of working in the coal mine and its hardness is also gripping.
½ November 13, 2015
Emotional drama of self discovery and nonconformity with great performances and a truly heartwarming moral to the story.
November 6, 2015
That one movie that's plot is decent, the acting is decent, but the movie is great.
½ August 15, 2015
A moving and inspiring film. The music gets me every time
August 8, 2015
Fascinating movie, be sure to share this to your family as soon as possible.