October Sky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October Sky Reviews

May 23, 2017
Having this be a true story I will say it was a good one to enjoy.
May 7, 2017
Pretty interesting, based on true story. Worth a watch.
May 1, 2017
7,9 Some cheesy moments, particularly at the end
March 23, 2017
Great story, very wholesome, highly recommended.
February 27, 2017
The film is nice, but the extras shows that the film is significantly different from the true story. The town and the mine really helped the kids all along. As a kid, I tried myself to make rockets and they were not flying high at all. I did not make a good batch of black powder, after my good batch went in flame... The footages they have of their rockets are quite impressive. The film added some drama to keep interest, otherwise, it would have been the documentary in extras. The documentary is great and depicts a lot of things in the film happened as shown. The film is a pass if you watch the extra documentary.
February 27, 2017
February 5, 2017
A phenomenal film that anybody can enjoy. It's touching and inspiring. (First viewing - Spring 1999 in theaters)
½ February 2, 2017
October Sky thrives on simplicity of delivery and complexity of purpose. It's a beautiful film, rich in emotional texture and very satisfying on both dramatic and soulful levels. It's based on a true story, too, from a man who has lived a fairly remarkable life. Homer Hickam's works, and this film, are all well worth anyone's time.
December 8, 2016
October Sky is a sweet film with a great soundtrack and excellent performances.
December 3, 2016
October Sky is one of those cinematic gems that embraces the setting of a coal mine town and breathes a simple true story into it. It satisfies the thinker with good science yet fills the star gazer with wonder and hope for a brighter future. Not to mention the theme that pulls the entire story together.
October 5, 2016
thanks for
good movie
September 13, 2016
.Great story of ambition and determination, exactly the film that any person should see. This is one of those films I put off for way too long and couldn't tell you why. Perfect filmmaking and one that pulls all the correct strings
½ August 12, 2016
The concepts and subject matter of the film are fresh and interesting, but the actual plot is just a retread of the things we see in pretty every movie.
Grade:B
July 30, 2016
oh for pete sake you can't help yourself from getting sucked into the wonderful story and heart felt setiment of perseverance and total ambition from adversity to see that october sky is the ultimate in uplifting drama.
July 10, 2016
This is one of my top 10 favorite movies! :)
July 6, 2016
Lots of memories from the dollar movies, including dancing during the credits.
½ June 14, 2016
Boring wanted to fall asleep
June 12, 2016
One of my absolute favorite movies. The best part for me about this movie is the fact that the soundtrack has music from the time period instead of using modern music for a story from the 60's. Has the best soundtrack and score. Love, love, love it!
April 9, 2016
One of the best "based on true events" movie I've ever seen!
½ March 17, 2016
A deeply moving film with fine performances and a true story worth watching with company or family