Original Sin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Original Sin Reviews

June 26, 2016
I don't know why this movie got such poor ratings. Lots of twists and turns...and you couldn't find 2 more gorgeous people to star in this erotic drama. The chemistry between them was actually believable. Wow. I recommend ignoring the critics & giving it a chance.
½ October 21, 2015
This was a very decent film. It was very dramatic and the 'sins' just kept on coming and coming. The performances by Jolie and Banderas were awesome,, although I could never see them being a couple they worked well together. A very interesting movie overall.
½ October 12, 2015
The only good abut this film is that you get to masterbate on it xD
DrStrangeblog
September 3, 2015
Extremely steamy story of seduction and betrayal set in late 1800s Cuba. Jolie pushes hotness to an illegal degree and fills the role of two-timing temptress very well but a few secondary characters leave a little to be desired. Antonio Banderas eventually goes overboard nutty with his obsession for her, but really, can ya blame him? Worth 3 stars for the eye candy alone.
½ August 15, 2015
What confounds me is how Original Sin manages to be boring despite all of the spicy content (I'm not blaming the actors). Whoever pieced this together deserves an award of some sort for a fail of this magnitude with the resources and talent available to use.
April 11, 2015
Well, I'm not surprised how Original Sin was one of the most obscure and horrific movies of the last decade. So it makes sense that Angelina Jolie and Antonio Banderas performances were so awful. But in my mind, I think it's my favorite "bad movies" that are so good list because there's a lot of sex scenes (but not much T&A). It's a little bit different than other erotic thrillers like "9 1/2 Weeks" "Basic Instinct" and "Showgirls." Showgirls was actually pretty awful than Original Sin. I should really watch the "Unrated" version rather than the dreaded original "theater" version. Give it a rental.
February 21, 2015
Significantly better than I thought it was going to be...which doesn't say much but it was watchable and not entirely predictable.
½ December 12, 2014
I did like this movie. And unlike some I actually thought there was a pretty good connection between Antonio and Angie. A bit slow at times but it's not a bad movie.
½ October 1, 2014
O filme deixou muito a desejar, a única coisa boa do filme é a química entre o Banderas e a jolie.
½ July 8, 2014
boring, except the nude scenes of Angelina.
June 2, 2014
This was sold on sex and the main stars. Too bad there is nothing else left in the film. I bet Jolie would like to take this is off her resume
May 26, 2014
God I loved this movie. The freaking chemistry between these two, yes please. Sure the plot was pretty weak but the relationship made it for me!
½ March 18, 2014
I'm sort of curious to see this.
March 12, 2014
It feels a little messy at times. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it knows whether it wants to be amusing or sexy, so eventually it winds up being neither.

I don't think Angelina Jolie is at her best here. She definitely isn't as good as she can be, though she has her moments. The real power of the story is Luis. Antonio Banderas makes him a sympathetic character, so you understand his passion bordering on obsession with finding Julia. The scene in which he tries to poison himself is probably the best moment in the movie.
March 4, 2014
One of the most Sensual Movies I have EVER Seen.Angelina Jolie & Antonio Banderas have Smoking Hot Chemistry that is hard to forget.1880's Cuba, his Mail Order Bride turns out to be more than he bargained for, & not even the Woman he has sent for, but a Prettier & more Exciting Imposter with seemingly Duel Personalities, one of which may be a Murderous Prostitute with a Pimp Partner in crime that plotted to take all his Money.I believe she falls in love with him & is Conflicted. Does his Love & Forgiveness Reform Him? Or does she turn him to the Dark Side? A Favorite Love Story of Many Complexities & Sensuality
½ February 28, 2014
Not the best movie ever made, but as much a guilty pleasure as a prime time soap opera.
½ February 24, 2014
Latino love can be too possessive.
½ February 4, 2014
Crazies Kinda Love Story...
January 19, 2014
Wealthy Cuban coffee merchant Luis Vargas (Antonio Banderas) only knows his bride-to-be through letters of love. And when he finally meets Julia (Angelina Jolie) on their wedding day, he is astounded and left breathless by her beauty and smoldering sexuality. But behind that beauty, a devious mind is at work. And when he finds his business in ruins, his life in shambles and his new wife on the run, Luis begins a relentless pursuit for the woman who not only stole his money, but also his heart... and he'll stop at nothing to get her back!

also stars Thomas Jane, Jack Thompson, Gregory Itzin, Allison Mackie, John Pringle, Cordelia Richards and James Haven.

directed by Michael Cristofer.
January 4, 2014
A little film that is more worthy to watch for the cast (Banderas & Jolie) than for the actual story. It could have been much better but once again a stupid happy ending waste the whole film.