Outside In Reviews

• May 23, 2020

cool to see a film shot 1 hour from where i have lived my whole life. recognized it all!! extremely sad to realize that the next Lynn Shelton film isn't coming.

• Feb 29, 2020

Quiet film, steady build, huge impact.

Quiet film, steady build, huge impact.

• Jan 22, 2020

Riveting, intimate. Put me into the skin of the ex-con and the older woman who connects with him.

• Sep 28, 2019

An interesting premise tied together by two powerhouse performances from Jay Duplass and Edie Falco that is beautifully scored. Big on heart, but short on words, 'Outside In' tells a story with visuals and the journey is captivating. Not a terrible date night movie that shows just how being in the wrong place at the wrong time can alter things. Hubby: 6.8/Wife: 8.0 Final Score: 7.4/10

• Apr 23, 2019

Really excellent film that feels so genuine.

Really excellent film that feels so genuine.

• Mar 10, 2019

This film succeeds in eliciting emotion with regards to the two main characters. I felt frustrated by both characters, but I also caught myself rooting for each of them during their moments of revelation or transformation. This is not what one would refer to as a straightforward or typical life situation, and the film does an excellent job of portraying this awkwardness as Chris finds his way

• Feb 02, 2019

If there's a Duplass name on it, it is likely soul-provoking. If you're almost 40 and thinking the road ahead is closing, this film will give you new life.

• Dec 21, 2018

The story doesn't always work, but the acting is very good--and Edie Falco is a marvel.

• Dec 16, 2018

I really really appreciated the movie, fulfilled of emotionally moments, good characterization of the characters, the dialogues and the behaving are so real, thanks to the great Edie Falcos's and Jay Duplass' acting. I also really liked all the screenplay, the atmosphere and soundtrack. It's a simple story, typical of these kind of movies, nothing of frantic or particular, but it really relate to the human side, and that's why it's so cool. And if i can say, in this movie i've seen one of the most realistic sex scene ever for me; it wasn't fucking as you usually see between a hot couple, it was kissing and making sex between two normal people, in this case embarassing at the beginning, and then spontaneous. If you like this type of movie, it's a must see.

• Aug 31, 2018

Brilliant acting by Edie Falco.She transforms into every character she portrays and her interpretation of the script is highly admirable! What a joy to watch her.