Parkland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Parkland Reviews

May 22, 2016
What a crying shame that a film this good should land a 49% here. While Parkland doesn't cow-tow to conventional narrative, it's a damn fine film, made with clear vision, sensitivity, and rare humanity.
January 1, 2016
A different take on the events of that day. Good acting from an accomplished cast. The film starts off strong but drags in the middle and doesn't end on a strong note either causing lack of positive reviews.
½ July 26, 2015
Retarded Warren Commission propaganda with NO bearing on the actual case. Fuck. this. movie.
July 20, 2015
Awesome movie if you like History. This is a story of things seldom talked about with the JFK assassination. A very good set of actors, great dose of history, and loved that they told more in the credits.

Im particularly amazed with what the Oswald brother had to deal with.
July 18, 2015
Not really hyper-amusing, but an interesting point of view about the assesination for the historical point of view.
½ July 15, 2015
An interesting look at a well told story.
July 1, 2015
Based on Vincent Bugliosi's book, Four Days in November, the film Parkland chronicles the events following the assassination of JFK. What I liked about this film was how it tells a part of the story that isn't widely known. From the doctors at the hospital, working on the President, to the acquisition of the Zapruder film, Parkland goes behind the scenes to tell the untold story. I was also impressed with how the film managed to stick to the facts and not dwell on any of the conspiracy theories that surround the case. Zac Efron stars and really wasn't all that great. I think that Efron needs to stick to what he does best, taking his cloths off and making people laugh. While the film is kind of slow, I really enjoyed Paul Giamatti's portrayal of Abraham Zapruder, the man who filmed the assassination. Zapruder really struggled with releasing the tape to the media and the events he witnessed ultimately destroyed his life. Giamatti's portrayal of the man is supposedly spot on and truly deserves an honor mention. Parkland gives us a lot of new information about the events that followed the assassination of President Kennedy, but a lot of it are things the general public really aren't that interested in learning about. For a Kennedy aficionado, this film must of been eye opening, as for the rest of us, it was an interesting, non-bias view of history, albeit a little boring.
½ June 3, 2015
Caught the Austin premiere today. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't blown away.
June 1, 2015
Pretty boring and unremarkable. The assassination scene is lame.
March 30, 2015
Insightful & chaotic
½ March 11, 2015
While watchable, the movie never seems to live up to the events it's based on. The cast is surprisingly strong (Billy Bob Thornton and Paul Giamatti are superb in almost anything) but right off the rip you're supposed to believe Zac Efron is a doctor which is a stretch. It's kind of cool to experience the story from different points of view like Abe Zapruder and Oswald's brother, but at the end of the day all this movie did was make me want to go back and watch "JFK."
March 7, 2015
I am not that knowledgeable on all things Kennedy Assassination but I have heard that Tom Hanks is so I feel like this movie would be everything he would want people to see, feel, and know about the topic. It definitely showed me some things I didn't know and had a pretty good cast. Not too bad in my point of view.
December 22, 2014
By now, everyone and their mother knows at least one version of events, on one of Americas darkest hours, the Assassination of JFK. This is also not the first time a film has been made about the incident, so in 2013 what does it have to offer us? Well apart from some mesmerising acting, tense dramatic scenes and frenetic editing work, not a whole lot new. Parkland follows the 3 to 4 days after the assassination, following everyone from Zapruda to the Oswald family, its a stonking cast as well, with plenty of talent in the mix. Everything we bare witness to here is brilliantly done and mixing real footage with the film has some strengths. However the film feels like just another addition to the JFK saga, it borders over conspiracy from time to time but doesnt have the heart to go there. It's like a professional documentarian trying to sit as much on the fence as possible. This would be good if it were about a new subject, considering that the events of that day are now so wildly talked about and theorized over, its hard to not picture its inclusion in here. The film also feels a bit flattened after its half way point, it just runs out of juice and goes through the motions for the 3rd act, which is hard to critic too harshly as the same could be said about the mourning of any human being. Still the source material shines through, the actors do a great job and the camera work and editing all hold everything together as we are thrown around like the key players that day. It's just that by the end you cant help but feel, what was the point?
December 10, 2014
Very interesting movie about the other people involved with President Kennedy when he was shot...
½ December 6, 2014
It was ok if you're really in to the JFK assassination and the details surrounding.
December 3, 2014
C'etait interessant, mais j'avais l'impression d'écouter un documentaire, un dimanche matin, au canal D...
November 27, 2014
i really enjoyed it. ...informative!
November 22, 2014
Definitely a great movie with an a star cast! Must see movie about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
November 22, 2014
Nice look into the supporting characters of the Kennedy assassination.