Pathfinder Reviews

• Dec 01, 2019

This movie is not for everybody. It's not a drama, it's not a romance adventure. It's basically a blood and guts action-thriller set somewhere in ancient history. The historical accuracy can be debated. The vikings speak real Norse, there's a plus.

• Dec 03, 2017

Just watch the original if you can, or see Conan the Barbarian, as it does the exact same story but better. And that one has Arnold.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 11, 2017

Historically inaccurate with characters you don't care for and a story you've seen beat-for-beat before. But somebody give this damn costume department an Academy Award immediately!

• Jul 31, 2016

From its very beginning, did nothing to grab me. Then the whole clash of cultures began with the Vikings playing the heavies. I just started fast forwarding through most of it and didn't miss anything of note. Don't waste your time.

• Apr 28, 2016

A mess in every sense of the word.

A mess in every sense of the word.

• Apr 09, 2016

Not quite good as 10,000 BC but well worth the investment. Urban did a pretty good job here, way more than the crystal meth smoking critics will acknowledge. It's got a spicy plot, decent adventure, and some pretty cool war tactics too. Go check it out.

• Feb 25, 2016

I've heard critics say this movie doesn't have much of a plot, or clever repartee, but that is a Huge Plus in this movie. It adds to the mystery and realism of the often over romanticized Vikings. see the show "Vikings" on the History? Channel to make my point. This movie does a great job presenting the victim's perspective when dealing with Men from the North who actually have a name for the act of raping, murdering and robbing all in one day i.e to go "Viking". These were brutal, vicious, intelligent people who were raised to enjoy killing. Darwinism 101. This movie portrays them well and there is a very good story line that deals with inner struggle, but the prize here is the uncensored, non romanticized look at North Men going Viking.

• Jan 18, 2016

PATHFINDER as has been noted elsewhere is either a film you love or a film you hate. Yes, it is full of cliches, but has it not been said that there is no original story that has ever been told? This is my favorite Karl Urben film (or performance) ever. The tale of an outsider trying to save his family (tribe) and win inclusion at the same time --- what could be more humane?

• Jan 02, 2016

A lot better than I thought it would be, but then again, I'm partial to Karl Urban.

• Jun 01, 2015

The lavish action sequences and eye catching visuals of Pathfinder produce thrills, but the lack of dialogue and plot makes it feel pointless.