Reviews

• Sep 13, 2021

Kathleen Turner is wonderful, and Nicholas Cage and Jim Carey both succeed (mostly) portraying high school students for the director, Francis Ford Coppola (Cage's real-life uncle). Nepotizing further is little 14-year-old Sofia Coppola (FFC's daughter) as Turner's little sister. Who knew back then that she woul grow up to be a competent director in her own right?

• May 31, 2021

I loved this one when I was a kid, and watched it recently as an adult, and cried through just about the whole thing, even though there are some very funny bits for a Coppola film. Kathleen Turner is stunning in this, and it's probably her best work, considering she doesn't crack up facing those big fake teeth on her leading man. This one really pulls on the heartstrings for me, as it delves into nostalgia for the past, and what would happen if you could go back? I think my relationship to this one has changed now that I'm adult, too. Once you are a parent you do kind of wake up in that hospital bed after passing out at your high school reunion, and you realize you never wanted to impress anyone in your high school anyway, that you're happiest being Helen Hunt's Mom.

• May 14, 2021

A remarkably awful movie. You watch this and wonder "this was the man made Apocalypse Now? The Godfather? The Conversation? " Did Coppola just skip school and let some d-lister TV director take over. Turner and Cage both look like they are straining to push out a turd. Success!

• Feb 12, 2021

This is a charming little nostalgic time travel romantic comedy. If that's your cup of tea then you will certainly enjoy Kathleen Turner is irresistibly charming as Peggy Sue.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 11, 2020

Francis Ford Coppola directs this atypical romcom wherein a high school reunion touches off a trip to the past by unhappy suburban mom Kathleen Turner whose husband is doing her wrong, back to the past where they first made the steps that lead to her present day unhappiness. Can she change her life for the better with knowledge from the future? Get over the white elephant in the room first: Turner does not look like a teenager at any point in the film. But Nick Cage is inventive. Jim Carrey is unusually restrained. And the better part of the cast underused. Still the idea carries the thing even if the execution is flawed.

• Jul 13, 2020

The romance was really hard to get behind.

The romance was really hard to get behind.

• Apr 08, 2020

Nick Cage and Time Travel! Fantastic!!

Nick Cage and Time Travel! Fantastic!!

• Mar 21, 2020

Peggy Sue got married is a very special film. Genres, styles, casts, directors, actors, score and Kathleen Turner smush together. Superb. She loves you, ooh ooh ooh.

• Jan 08, 2020

What happened to this Nicolas Cage? Time traveling(?) teen reassess her choices.

• Dec 31, 2019

I gave this movie 2 stars this is nostalgia from when I was younger. This movie was always on t.v. I have not seen this movie in a while I liked it when I was younger. Love the 50's nostalgia but what I can remember a lot of small talk and is kinda slow, cute though.