Primer Reviews

• Oct 07, 2019

Appealing to the technicality and physics behind the possibility of time travel; Primer appeals to the intelligent film-goer, someone who cares more for story, characters, and believability, and doesn't mind complex science jargon and plot structure. This film is surprisingly well put together considering its budget restraints, and makes Shane Carruth look like some sort of film making genius. The concept and story is perfectly executed as a low budget film, making it seem like a lo-fi noir flick in the same realm as films like Memento or Pi. Carruth also does well as an actor, with a look and layered personality that could be put to use in future films. Although its budget issues hold it back from being an excellent film, it is still highly worth the watch.

• Sep 30, 2019

This has to be the biggest piece of shite I've ever seen.

This has to be the biggest piece of shite I've ever seen.

• Sep 29, 2019

Oh. My. God. I've heard that this movies plot is great, or at least interesting, but I will never know, because of how poorly made this movie is. The cinematography and audio production is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I've seen this movie once and don't think I'll ever watch it again.

• Sep 16, 2019

Confusing, engaging and unsettling.

Confusing, engaging and unsettling.

• Aug 18, 2019

I needed to google a flow chart of the plot after I watched it, to properly ‘get' what I just watched. This might put some people off, but I loved it. Complicated, but worth your time. Pun intended :)

• Jul 14, 2019

One of the greatest sc fi films ever made. Enthralling and a rare classic that benefits from multiple viewings. If you still don't get it, look online for a Primer Timeline image to help you! Its amazing that this was written, directed, acted and put together on a $7000 budget. It doesn't show.. This is a cerebral thriller at its finest.

• Jul 13, 2019

It could enter the 'A''N' and exit the 'B' 'N' and then a whole new world could open up... It's a miracle, a film that can cure insomnia, Brilliant stuff.

• Jun 23, 2019

Interesting but the whole story pretty yada yada's through some pretty basic stuff.

• Jun 21, 2019

One of the most complex cinemas on Time Travel and Time Loops. If you love this Genre, then this movie is a must~watch. Kudos to Director Shane Carruth who wrote the story, acted, produced, edited and worked for music for this film. It was made in just $7000 without CGI!

• May 25, 2019

This movie is meant for someone who is ready to take up a challenge. Though, It's made on a very small budget, the effort that's put into writing the story is remarkable.