Primer Reviews

• Feb 06, 2021

Considering the budget, it's great.

Considering the budget, it's great.

• Feb 01, 2021

An amazing roller coaster that will keep you captivated from the beginning till the end. It will likely leave you with many questions giving you a great excuse to watch it once again. Anyone with any interest in the elusive idea of controlling time will love this movie and find it worth no less than the full five stars.

• Jan 09, 2021

$7k?! Incredible. Smart movie, I lost track of it at the end but was satisfied in my post-viewing reddit reading.

• Nov 13, 2020

Confusing, especially because the audio is such poor quality, but remarkable what they accomplished with only $7K budget! Was included in James Cameron's Story of SciFi.

• Oct 24, 2020

Impressive low-budget time tale does an intelligent (and at times humorous) job with the paradoxes of its topic, although it can be hard to follow.

• Oct 03, 2020

PRIMER combines all the best parts of a moebius strip and a gordian knot with solid, consistent themes that hold it together under its convoluted, unraveling plot. The entire production is even a little meta, in that it brings its own production value into the story. All in a good way.

• Sep 24, 2020

Tedious and confusing. I can't even read a "brief" synapses of the plot because after a few lines, i discover that I don't care.

• Sep 04, 2020

Concept is really great. But low budget and no special scene or briefing about the facts they are talking makes the movie boring for 2020. They will be talking on whole movie. So you need to hear the whole talking to understand what is going on. You may need basic knowledge about time travel and loop problems. If u r PhD., holder or first bench freaks than this movie is for you. If u r cool and casual guy, Just skip it. This is for knowledge freaks.

• Aug 09, 2020

No. The reviews for this film are FAR too high. I personally have seen, and actually enjoy mind bending films with challenging plots but I’m willing to stake my life on the fact that everyone who reviewed this film didn’t understand a single thing that occurred. I have never seen a film more convoluted and ridiculous as this. Every single MAJOR plot point of this film is glossed over as if it’s nothing and most of the time the major turning points in the film are spoken of once in some ridiculous dialogue where every character seems to be speaking over one another. No major plot/turning points in the film are ever seen on screen so there is no way to gauge importance. After watching this film the first time I had to watch a 30 minute explanation video on YouTube to understand things that were never eluded to in the actual film itself, so I’m left to believe that this film is just a giant fill in the blanks question. I’m going to “spoil” some of the plot in this next section but...you’re telling me that they needed to destroy their plan all because they just NEEDED to punch their boss in the face...a boss of which we have never seen or have any back story of whatsoever. This was a painful film to endure. At least it had decent acting...and to put everyone at ease, if you don’t understand the film (which you won’t and if you think you do then you’ve got it wrong I promise you that) then just know it’s not because you’re dumb, it’s because the films storytelling is non existent and they literally do not elude to anything of importance, ever.

• Jul 25, 2020

i just didn't enjoy it that much, and when i need to read up on wiki what actually occurred in the film, it tells me i'm either too thick to enjoy it, or it's just not well directed. Either way, its way too talky, and not much else to be honest.