Rango Reviews

• 3d ago

The second best ever animated movie made. The first one being Wall-E. Rango is pure joy with a spellbinding story and stellar voice acting by Johnny Depp.

• Oct 07, 2019

This was a fantastic film. I absolutely loved it. It did everything I might have expected and even more. It's funny, self-referential and even full of some great action. It's basically a comedic take on the Western genre that in fact has a lot of heart to it which I genuinely didn't expect going in. Sure it's a pretty predictable storyline but I'd argue a lot of that works in the film's favor, adding to the self-awareness. Gore Verbinski directed the film and he did a fantastic job. The animation is inventive and wild, capturing the Old West impeccably. I see that Roger Deakins was the cinematographer here and as always he did a fantastic job. Hans Zimmer made a great score here, one that might be a little underrated as I think he made some memorable pieces for the film. I mean, just about everything works here. It was absolutely deserving of that Oscar. This is the kind of animation I love. That isn't strictly for young kids, that all audiences can enjoy and one that carries a real, compelling story. This here, while not perfect, is a prime example and I really loved it. I didn't even mention the brilliant voice work of Johnny Depp who adds a lot of heart to the story. This also has a lot of Pirates of The Carribean influence that Verbinski and Depp brought from their previous collabs and I loved it. It's a 4.5 for me.

• Oct 02, 2019

A cool movie to watch when you is forced to

A cool movie to watch when you is forced to

• Sep 27, 2019

amazing Rango was a puny lizard then a sheriff in a town of lizards and rodents.

• Sep 10, 2019

Just rewatched this flick. What a beautiful movie! The visuals are stunning, probably because of Industrial Light and Magic. Watch it! Incredible scenery and characters.

• Aug 27, 2019

An increadably underrated movie. Amazing for both kids and adults. Beautiful visual design and character designs.

• Aug 10, 2019

Great animation. witty dialogue. It's got a nice original premise.

Great animation. witty dialogue. It's got a nice original premise.

• Aug 07, 2019

Creative. Funny. Good story. Good voice ac

Creative. Funny. Good story. Good voice ac

• Jul 29, 2019

an underrated animated masterpiece. I urge you to watch this film if you are a fan of animation

• Jul 28, 2019

This film is an absolute masterpiece of animation and a beautiful subversion of western and action tropes. It's a heartwarming story that leaves you submersed in a world where danger looms near. Rango (2011) is my favourite film.