Rat Race - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rat Race Reviews

October 3, 2016
I don't care what you loser critics say, this movie was funny. What you gotta do is watch the movie and enjoy it for what it is.

Zone out from all the bugs and little mistakes, watch them as a whole.

Transformers...people love it for the action and all the rest. You only hate them because they are the same thing. But really they aren't. You really gotta just simply enjoy them for what they are.

You train yourself to look for the shit in movies, you are going to have a sad movie life.

Let's say you like action movies...you watch something like London Has Fallen...you watch it and love it because of the action and the story. You don't look for the tiny little missed things here and there or the small mistakes that it makes. The only exceptional thing would be if it's just obvious, like the poor acting of Anakin Skywalker.

Just enjoy the fricken movies. I hate critics so fucking much!!
½ October 1, 2016
I was kinda funny, not to be taken seriously. Could have better with funnier comedians but I see where they were going.
½ August 31, 2016
Must confess, that I really enjoyed this film when it first came out. Now, uhh, no way! It just pisses me off the more I think about it!
August 10, 2016
I loved this movie with its humorous moments, interesting side-plots and a good cast
½ July 30, 2016
It is just a silly race with no one knew what they were doing.
March 20, 2016
One of the funniest movies i ever saw as a kid. Went to the Cinema to watch it for a friends birthday party, and had an awesome time.
½ March 13, 2016
Aside from that Smashmouth ending........
March 5, 2016
Surprising, I found this entertaining, and even amusing. All star cast and A Mad Mad Mad Mad World chaos that ensues when it comes to people and lots of money. I forgot it was a loose remake.
February 4, 2016
This is a humorous but inappropriate movie what makes it inappropriate are there are some parts in the movie that should not be seen for kids.

But it is a good funny inappropriate movie. But towards the end of the movie is smash mouth the band is in this movie. My favorite actor that was in this movie was Cuba Gooding was Hilarious The rest of the actors and actresses were funny. My favorite part in this movie was the line would you like to buy a squirrel. So it's a good movie!! It's my favorite movie!!!
January 12, 2016
This is one of those films which doesn't take itself seriously and revels in its own sillyness. It's too bad some of the critcs don't feel this way but it's their loss. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
January 10, 2016
Very enjoyable, mostly original humour. Not much depth to the storyline but the rich humour provided by each individual chatacter makes up for this flaw.
½ October 11, 2015
I don't know why this film is seen in such a negative light. I can see why it isn't considered one of many peoples "favorite" movies. And I'll admit that there are a couple of scenes I didn't enjoy myself. I loved the original, and I love this guilty pleasure.
October 3, 2015
Un buen elenco cómico que ofrecen varias escenas hilarantes, un buen entrenamiento para el fin de semana.
½ September 10, 2015
I only heard of Rat Race because Doug Walker put this in his top eleven favorite comedies, so I was a bit curious about it, even though it has mixed reviews which after watching it, I still like it fine, but I can see why people either hated or loved this film. The beginning has some chuckle moments, but sometimes it really felt forced and is more of a groan. The plot points come fast and doesn't give enough time to develop more of it. The way it introduces the characters is fine for the most part, and they were fine. When it gets to the middle, that's when the movie starts to get really fun. Jon Lovitz's segment is really good, and I am surprise that it didn't go too offensive with the way it was going, especially when one of the jokes involves sort of Hitler. Rowan Atkinson's segment is good with some good jokes, but I did know where it was going with it. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s part is really funny when there's people that either want him dead, or just be annoying towards him. Whoopi Goldberg and Lanei Chapman's scenes are a little crazy and can get a few laughs out of it, but I do wish there was more mother and daughter chemistry between them which can lead to more jokes that would be funny. Breckin Meyer's segment would've actually failed if it wasn't for a insane, but hilarious, performance by Amy Smart who is just a delight in this every time the movie comes back to her. The best and craziest one out of all of them, is Seth Green and Vince Vieluf's part that they do some stuff that always go backfire and always end up in dangerous situations that are just hilarious, while still giving enough brotherly chemistry between them two. The ending has some fine jokes like the beginning, but like the beginning, it has some groan moments that felt too sudden that isn't clever, and is more lazy. It felt too convenient, which I know what they are trying to do, but it was too forced that just felt like they did that so they can put in an ending. With that said, Rat Race is a decent film that was a bit frustrating for me, but I'm kind of glad I watched it just because of how insane the race is which lead to many comedic moments.
August 26, 2015
Love this! So funny and entertaining.
½ August 6, 2015
Great cast...but that's where the positives end.
July 11, 2015
I will say this, the beginning and ending of this movie is complete crap, however when it comes to the actual race and the chase scenes is total comedic genius, it's laugh out loud hilarious.
½ June 10, 2015
There are some really funny scenes but also some way out misses but they at least keep on trying.
½ June 4, 2015
Not original, but quite funny.