Reality Bites Reviews

• Nov 06, 2020

Directed by Ben Stiller, this is a film for its era, as four friends graduate college and try to figure out life and why it doesn't always go as planned. Winona Ryder, Ethan Hawke, Janeane Garofolo and Steve Zahn play the main generation x-ers and Ben Stiller comes out from behind the camera as well. Not sure this holds up twenty six years later, but it's still enjoyable even though it's of its time

• Jul 09, 2020

A blast of a film that has engaging characters and great performances.

A blast of a film that has engaging characters and great performances.

• Jun 25, 2020

I would recommend Reality Bites to anyone who failed to become a University Valedictorian and CAN successfully add 85 and 45 in at least three attempts. Oh, the irony.

• Apr 08, 2020

Reality Bites is a film that focuses on a group of recent graduates looking to find themselves a place in the real world. Winona Ryder, Ethan Hawke, Janeane Garofalo and Steve Zahn give good performances. There is a complicated love triangle between Ryder, Hawke and Ben Stiller (who also directed).

• Jan 13, 2020

The so-called voice of the Gen-x movie. I suppose it is. I am in gen-x, but on the later side of it. I like a lot of the ideas and scenes in this movie. The dialogue is great between the sell-out and the burn-out. The cast of this movie consists of legends at this point. I am thankful they got together to make this movie at this point in time. It captured a magic snapshot of time . The absurdist and insulting cuts that are made to Winona Ryder's character's documentary seemed way over the top at the time, but by today's standards, they seem almost tame. Did you know that "evian" is "naive" spelled backwards?

• Nov 05, 2019

I thought I had seen it, boy was I wrong. It tried to show the freedom and obscurity of youth. It was painful, but fun at times.

• Oct 27, 2019

I LOVED this movie when I was young. Still really like it. Ethan Hawke was so dreamy and I was jealous of their young-adult lives. Maybe it would be less relevant to young people right now- maybe it was period-specific- but it meant a lot to me when I was ‘coming of age'.

• Oct 07, 2019

Classic rom com. Not as polished as some later ones but the cast...

Classic rom com. Not as polished as some later ones but the cast...

• Aug 10, 2019

One of the worst movies ever made, an embarrassment for gen X. What was this movie about? No one knows. I can’t find one nice thing to say. A waste of acting talent.

• Jul 17, 2019

A nice Generation X-defining film about post-college life. It's got romance, Ethan Hawke, The Gap, and MTV. What's not to love?