Rio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rio Reviews

½ April 26, 2017
"Rio" was a very enjoyable movie, with a fairly interesting plot, amazing screenplay & some awesome animations. I also liked the fact that not one, but all of the songs were very catchy, which is an interesting factor to consider.
Carlos Saldanha did a brilliant job in directing this film, and for that reason, I enjoyed this movie almost as much as I enjoyed it when I saw it as a kid.
½ April 17, 2017
The music in this film makes me want to dance! A cute and colorful story about facing your fears and finding who you are. I like it!
April 9, 2017
OK movie, not great, but OK.
½ March 13, 2017
As you might expect from Blue Sky Studios, Rio is filled with noisy characters, lame dialogue, and a poorly paced plot.
½ February 14, 2017
I honestly don't know what this movie is trying to be or what it was going for it's a disaster of a movie and one of the most bizarre, idiotic, unfunny, and annoying animated movies ever made!
January 29, 2017
Rio is not my favorite movie i have seen better movies
½ January 5, 2017
After Ice Age, the best Blu Skies animation.
December 24, 2016
Overall this movie is pretty good, good acting, good songs, great animation, good story, good characters
December 4, 2016
An okay film with a likeable cast and nice animation.
November 9, 2016
derekaggravate edge go v
October 6, 2016
A cute, entertaining yet forgettable animation with too many clichés and whose charm lies in its exuberant visuals and an exotic (but clichéd) composition of a Rio de Janeiro full of samba and colors. It is only sad, though, that the story is so conventional and never more than ordinary.
September 23, 2016
Really enjoyed this film, must see the second one!
August 28, 2016
this movie was really good.
August 19, 2016
One Of the Best animated movies I Have Seen Because the animation Is extremely pretty,The Characters Are Very Likable,The Songs Are Catchy,And The Voice Acting Is Spot On
Definitely Recommended
August 19, 2016
Definitely Recommended
½ August 11, 2016
It's just a good movie and that's all I have to say. I can't really review this movie because all I can say is that it's good.
August 8, 2016
Liked it! Very gorgeous animation, with attention and research into animating the birds! Made the story more believable.
July 31, 2016
Cute Kid Flick!

Originally written April 15, 2011--
Captured by smugglers when he was just a hatchling, a macaw named Blu (Jesse Eisenberg) never learned to fly and loves a happily domesticated life in Minnesota with his human friend, Linda. Blu is thought to be the last of his kind, but when word comes that Jewel (Anne Hathaway), a lone female, lives in Rio de Janeiro, Blu and Linda go to meet her. Animal smugglers kidnap Blu and Jewel, but the pair soon escape and begin a perilous adventure back to freedom -- and Linda.

Let's face it. Kids movies---specifically animated kids movies---are extremely successful and profitable right now. Pixar OWNS the title of Most Profitable Animation Studio. No other animated studio has come close to churning out hit after hit like Pixar. So naturally, all other animation houses are trying to copy Pixar's success. This film represents one of the better attempts. A cute kid flick, "Rio" tells the story of a domesticated macaw's return to the popular Brazilian city and its surrounding rainforest. It's a fun film, full of characters and situations that kids are sure to fall in love with. Four out of five stars.
½ July 16, 2016
as long as It's not disney I'm in.