Rocky II Reviews

• 3d ago

An equally entertaining follow-up, combined with Stallone's script and direction, the performances of the cast, Conti's score, Butler's cinematography, the editing by Allen, Greene and Hampton, Cassidy's production design, Baer's set decoration, Berke and Bronson's costume design, emotional weight and boxing sequences, Rocky II proves that a sequel can be made that is worthy of its title!!!

• Nov 11, 2020

An enjoyable enough continuation that is in no way necessary. The talents in front and behind the camera resume their positions to make a sequel that neatly blends with the original.

• Nov 10, 2020

I am one of those people who prefer Rocky II over its Best Picture winning predecessor, as it adds more to Rocky's character, relationships, and overall path on where he has to go after the first film. While I did find the first Rocky pretty good, Rocky II manages to excel as a sequel, introducing new ideas and themes that I think the first film lacked.

• Oct 26, 2020

Rocky II is not even close compared to the first, But still keeps the charm and boldness of the first. Sylvester does an amazing job yet again and the overall story is very good.

• Oct 20, 2020

Rocky II is a creative sequel that uses the effectiveness from the original to the sequel. Rocky II is a well crafted, yet predictable story that is a thrill ride to unfold and has quite a lot of cool moments, it has another training montage, and the movie for Apollo is more of a Revenge-like story which I like. The only problem that this movie faces, is that its trying so hard to be BIGGER, and BETTER than the original. You don't have to make a huge sequel to get attention, rather you creating an interesting story that can capture the same audience and tone. My Grade: B+

• Tim
    Aug 30, 2020

Rocky II is the best out the whole series. I loved watching it on the big screen! Made the experience so much better than watching it on my tv!

• jed k
    Aug 29, 2020

Amazing film! Even better on the big screen.

Amazing film! Even better on the big screen.

• Aug 29, 2020

I really like this movie so yeah this is the bomb

I really like this movie so yeah this is the bomb

• Aug 23, 2020

A good film in the franchise; suffers the same problems as all the sequels, that is, more of the same; you will think you are watching the same film; but the franchise must be seen as a complete work. It is very good to see the development of the character and how we can see an application in our lives; practically everyone will identify themselves as they identified with the first; To enjoy the film you must understand that to be victorious in life it is not enough work, training and study, but to be at peace with your mind, friends, family and etc; Mandatory film for those who like the franchise, Silvester and for cinema lovers!

• Aug 21, 2020

If might lose some of the originals flare and meaningless moments, but still delivers a great sports drama classic!