Save the Last Dance Reviews

• Jul 10, 2019

i have seen this film countless times, a great cast and performace from every actor/actress involved, great teen drama that i feel like almost anyone could enjoy, this truly takes me back to highschool, watching this at the end of my bed wit h my friends. i still to this day LOVE this movie and its sad and awesome story. a girls love for dance makes a huge change within the situation she is forced to be placed in, her life changes and so do her dance moves, improving and extending the range and style, she is able to fulfill her dreams into making into julliard

• Dec 08, 2018

Save The Last Dance was a great movie. It presents an interracial couple that showed a new type of relationship for that time. I would recommend giving it a watch. Especially if you like dancing and drama combined. Julia Stiles is one of my favorite actresses and seeing her play this role was satisfying to say the least.

• Nov 30, 2018

So-so, heavily "borrowed" from other movies - - even other movies starring Julia Styles. Too bad it was so heavily derivative; Julia is capable of so much more.

• Oct 19, 2018

This movie has always been one of my favorites. It is a classic that touches on many familial circumstances. From a young white girl, named Sara, rekindling her relationship with her father after her mothers unexpected death, to a young black male, named Derek, with only his grandmother as a parental figure just trying to make it home alive every night. Both coming from different backgrounds and having different dreams and aspirations, Derek hoping to become a pediatrician and Sara deciding to audition for Julliard school of dance. The high schoolers bond over the clash in their taste in music and their overall culture. This movie emphasizes society's acceptance of interracial relationships and the struggle faced by teen moms, lower class students, and the effects of gang affiliation. I rate this movie with 5 stars because it is relatable in many ways and a movie I can watch over and over with its 90's R&B music, its exciting yet heartbreaking to see all that these high schoolers face.

• Jul 06, 2017

Ghetto, but Julia is alright. Attractive at times

Ghetto, but Julia is alright. Attractive at times

• Feb 02, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jan 17, 2017

Completely predictable coupled with horrific acting from the female lead and obscene amounts of cultural appropriation. Though the premise of the film was not all bad, the execution was cringe-worthy. The only saving grace was the acting of the male lead and female supporting actress

• Jun 25, 2016

This was the first movie to try and put hip hop dance and ballet dance together to make something beautiful. This was also the movie to cross racial lines and bring together a white woman and a black guy to try and make their love strong to last.

• Apr 14, 2016

this movie is really good

this movie is really good

• Dec 26, 2015

Its a perfect movie anyone would enjoy it.

Its a perfect movie anyone would enjoy it.