Save Yourselves! Reviews

• Feb 21, 2021

I created an account to give this the least stars possible. The only thing this is is edgy and making fun of people who are attached to their phone 24/7... once that part of the plot is over there is no plot, no continuity, no reasoning, and terrible writing. Not to mention the fact that there is no ending. They literally just fly off. I would rather watch snow melt than waste time watching this. Save yourselves!!!... unlike the leads in the storyline who don't do anything productive... and don't watch this movie.

• Feb 07, 2021

Really great watch, would watch again, and can recommend. This is an amazing approach to the alien invasion trope masked with a existential revelation style trope. Honestly, I think its big mistake was using (or at least going out of its way to concentrate humor on) Brooklyn hipsters, it is really distracting. Using the "relationship repair" out of town establishing act feels clever and the actors do a good job, but it is the tribble like creatures that really make the movie stand out. I've been dying for a non-humanoid alien movie for a while now, and this was a great answer.

• Feb 04, 2021

Nice, easy, not-too-serious comedy. All I needed.

Nice, easy, not-too-serious comedy. All I needed.

• Feb 02, 2021

This movie was the social commentary that nobody wanted. A hardly comical tale with no plot, no character development and no ending. Full of references that glorify leftist social media and media alike. (Cnn, Twitter, Facebook) and denouncing Fox News very early on. It's as if this movie was written based on buzzfeed articles about what a millennial is supposed to look like: Scared of guns, weak and addicted to their phones. As a 34 year old man, this movie actually offended me. Not only was it not funny in any way, the constant reminder that this biracial couple is supposed to be the image of the millennial was quite annoying. Forgettable and thankfully so.

• Feb 01, 2021

The movie is incredibly visually boring 😴, the backgrounds, clothing everything! Looks like they live in an old folks home, chose everything white, beige or old for the whole movie. The writing for the first half of the movie is like listening to a relative talk about an average week in their life, in a boring town. You keep waiting for it to get interesting. or maybe you should just give up and choose something else. When the aliens (Tribble like) get there it gets a bit fun but ends abruptly and in an anticlimactic way. It really leaves you wanting a real ending, I just waisted my time kinda way. Also the characters are kinda unlikable, some average boring good qualities but nothing that draws you in. Plenty of, I wouldn't care to hang with this person feeling more than watching paint dry. They debate whether to save a baby who's parents were just killed. Lacks pull to care about them. Poorly written and just plain awful, minus for about 25 minutes of it. .

• Jan 29, 2021

Hipsters vs. Aliens. Fun.

Hipsters vs. Aliens. Fun.

• Jan 28, 2021

If you ever wondered what an unfunny sci-fi comedy written, directed by & starring hipsters would be like, have I got a movie for you. And they're from Brooklyn. I'd say you can't write this stuff, except they did.

• Jan 28, 2021

An entertaining and enjoyable little diversion.

An entertaining and enjoyable little diversion.

• Jan 25, 2021

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies. This "cool" trend of not writing an ending is so lazy. I knew that was going to be the case before I even watched it... Any edgy little movie like this is too afraid to give explanation. The cast did fine, but this was literally one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of watching

• Jan 23, 2021

It was a quirky movie with good acting. I liked it until the end which felt like a total cop-out and my eyes just about rolled out of my head. Just wasted my time because someone didn't know how to end a movie.