Serenity Reviews

• May 20, 2020

Great story, special effects for it's time! It has a bit of horror genre and space all bundle in one movie. Loved it even while watching it in 2020!

• May 04, 2020

I am not a fan. On the one hand it's more Firefly (Yay), on the other hand it messes with some of the characters (Simon especially), and I feel it wraps up some of the shows mysteries far too quickly. Don't get me wrong, I get they had to do it and only had one movie to do it. But financing a second season instead could have accomplished the same goals and given the show more time to do it. So, yeah, if you're a Firefly fan you'll probably want to watch the movie - for completeness' sake if naught else - but that doesn't mean it's an awesome experience.

• Apr 23, 2020

Cheesy and generic at times, but still full of heart and great visuals

Cheesy and generic at times, but still full of heart and great visuals

• Apr 15, 2020

At first glance, this is a very definition of your casual Sunday action movie: simple, cheesy and yet engaging story-line, colorful ensemble of characters, lots of fights, chases and other thrilling sequences, a hint of romance and omnipresent feeling of adventure. Nothing special, you would say. And you would be wrong, because we have here three important factors that make this movie something more. First, great cast, at least when it comes to Nathan Fillion, whose presence is always welcome in my book, and Chiwetel Ejiofor, who makes a surprisingly good villain (still waiting for a sequel to „Doctor Strange" here...). Second, while CGI effects used in "Serenity" look today kinda cheap (although this also adds to camp-ish climate of it), fighting scenes are now as impressing as in 2005. Third, one can observe here a small part of a bigger, intriguing world full of motives and characters worth of better exposition. For all those reasons this movie just whetted my appetite for the TV series...

• Mar 03, 2020

Only help me get over Firefly being cancelled.

Only help me get over Firefly being cancelled.

• Dec 24, 2019

I liked Firefly and heard praise from friends. But when I finally got around to seeing it, it just felt like another Firefly episode and not necessarily one of the best.

• Nov 18, 2019

Best space western ever

Best space western ever

• Oct 14, 2019

Does it have flaws? Yes. Does it have great action? Yes.

Does it have flaws? Yes. Does it have great action? Yes.

• Sep 22, 2019

Love this movie! I so wished that they had a sequal to it

Love this movie! I so wished that they had a sequal to it

• Sep 12, 2019

Possibly the best sci fi film to ever grace the big screen. Thoughtful, intelligent, and witty.