Serpico Reviews

• Dec 27, 2019

Pacino portrayal of the lone honest cop in the NYPD is one that haunts you, since sadly this is no fairy tale, but the crude embodiment of police corruption in the 70's. Not a few rotten apples, but the norm.

• Dec 26, 2019

Enjoyable biopic drama with classic Al Pacino performance

Enjoyable biopic drama with classic Al Pacino performance

• Oct 10, 2019

The chameleonic interpretation of Al Pacino is worthy of this true corruption story. A man against the system: if we don't have enough of this stories is because we don't have enough of this people!

• Apr 03, 2019

To look at how young Al Pacino is, this is the one I have in mind. Serpico is about an NYPD officer Frank Serpico played by the really young Al Pacino, who went undercover to expose corruption in the police force. It's based on an actual person, Frank Serpico and it's based on an biographical book by Peter Maas. Al Pacino did a really good job portraying Frank Serpico, even the story is faithful to the original material. I would say more about Serpico but I just can't because there's really nothing more to talk about it. It's a brilliant good old biographical crime film.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best thrilling and inspiring movie ever made! With the best movie character ever portrayed: Al Pacino as Frank Serpico!

• Dec 29, 2018

Pacino looks good with the beard and it certainly evokes a time and place realistically but drags on and often feels aimless, especially concerning his boring love affairs. Does convey Serpico's frustration at trying to find someone to back him and there is some tension later on. A shame none of the other characters are really fleshed out. This is Pacino's show.

• Dec 19, 2018

Very good, in my opinion this is one of the best movies ever and one of the greatest classics of the 70's. It had a great casting, a good story line and a fantastic wardrobe. This film is one of those films that, although it does not change our life, it is impossible not to like it. I highly recommend it, I think everyone should watch this movie at least once.

• Oct 28, 2018

Serpico is a solid movie which features a very important real-life story of an inspirational titular figure well acted by Al Pacino. It's also well shot and with memorable atmosphere to it. But the pacing is so slow and the runtime is too long that the movie ended up being quite uneven and never achieving the much needed immediacy in its tone.

• Oct 20, 2018

Off the back of watching the truly excellent Dog Day Afternoon I finally got round to watching a true cinema classic. What a huge disappointment. Pacino is solid but overall its a sprawling mess of a story that leaps to many times from year to year. It has not stood the test of time very well.

• Jun 04, 2018