Shampoo Reviews

• Nov 06, 2020

The original movie about political cucks.

The original movie about political cucks.

• Aug 23, 2020

Regular film, it gives you a sense of the los angeles of the late 70s, I recommend it to anyone who wants to see beautiful women and the look of the time; goldie hawn looks beautiful; what spoils the film is the main character, womanizer, without opinion, abject personality, makes you want to punch him, other than that, the funny situations improves the film, but only gets exciting at the last hour.

• Aug 15, 2020

The Porsche 356, Mercedes "Pagoda" and the Triumph are the star of Hal Ashby's yarn, where it's really difficult to feel for any of the protagonists, which is probably the point. Are we meant to feel for Beatty? Are we meant to dislike Beatty? Can you ever unsee his little arse bobbing away in the moonlight? Ultimately, if we were him we'd do the same but these days you could dose up with the little blue pills. A lightweight American Gigolo.

• Aug 10, 2020

This isn't that great a movie. It's got good performances. It has a story. But unless you're really interested in who your hairdresser is sleeping around with, it's not that interesting. The real theme of this movie, enhanced by the Nixon poster in the background, is the politics of dancing. You know, it's about who you're dancing with on your way to the next name on your dance card so that you can get what you want. And, for Beatty's character George, sex has little meaning compared to what he really wants.

• Jul 16, 2020

I don't know if it worked back in the day but it sure doesn't now.

I don't know if it worked back in the day but it sure doesn't now.

• Sep 10, 2019

Almost funny,almost interesting.

Almost funny,almost interesting.

• Aug 05, 2019

It's described as a comedy and a satire and I'll gladly pay anyone if they can point me to examples of either in this long, tedious, unfunny picture. The AFI put it on its top 100 comedies of all time and that just mystifies me. A comedy is a film that makes you laugh out loud. There are maybe a few smiles, but it's all over the place. And what comedy ends on a complete downer? One sentence to sum up this movie: Goldie Hawn is in this film and she doesn't appear in any funny scenes or have any funny lines. Nuff said. Terrible movie, dreadful.

• George Schmidt
    Jul 11, 2019

One of the best films of the '70s

One of the best films of the '70s

• Feb 12, 2019

The performances are there. That's about it though.

The performances are there. That's about it though.

• Nov 21, 2018