Shooter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shooter Reviews

October 5, 2017
While it has some cool and fun action scenes to watch and a compelling performance from Mark Walberg, Shooter simply is filled with plot holes, undeveloped characters and relationships, and of course the lack of logic in general.
October 2, 2017
If the plot wasn't taken from a novel you could almost suspect this being a high budget ripoff of Most Wanted. The film has grown on me and it's a shame it didn't do better to grant a sequel as this has a very Jack Reacher aspect. The film is very shaky for the first 30 minutes, the plot is implausible and Wahlberg doesn't suit the grizzly type. Once the film kicks into gear you can see why Wahlberg is suited to the role and the story unmasks as something much deeper. I'm not sure if the novel series follows the films but there was a franchise missed here, you only have to see the audience has grown with this film. I enjoyed the film but I do remember not enjoying the film when it was released, it may have been lost with a lot of genres and you tend to overlook films that don't appeal straight away. This was a good film that deserved a follow-up and while there is a Tv show out there, I'm a little annoyed I didn't see this film at the movies. 02-10-2017.
½ September 22, 2017
Antoine Fuqua never disappoints. If you love one man army movies like Taken or The Equalizer, I HIGHLY recommend this movie. Awesome job Mark
½ September 18, 2017
- FLIXSTER WHY CAN'T I JUST DELETE A REVIEW??!!!! - Awesome! Never seen a really well done sniper oriented movie before. This and Departed make Wahlberg good in my book. - FLIXSTER WHY CAN'T I JUST DELETE A REVIEW??!!!! -
½ September 14, 2017
What a thrilling, on the edge of your seat movie! Now I won't lie. The first third of the movie, I was not too impressed and I almost gave up because I wasn't quite drawn to the only two characters they were focusing on. But then they introduce you to the entire cast and everything starts picking up. It gets really intense! Mark does an outstanding job playing a similar character to Jason Bourne. Tons of shooting, explosions, sneaking around, and ultimately pay back. It's one guy versus the whole world! Definitely want to watch again.
August 9, 2017
My current FAVOURITE Conspiracy Theory movie with Marky Mark...and Memphis alias Michael Pena' is an AWESOME REAL character. Another David and Goliath ANTOINE FUQUA ReMarkable Movie.
June 25, 2017
I loved it. As a vet I am biased towards all military movies
June 19, 2017
Seen this movie at least a half dozen times, and will probably watch another half dozen. A fun action movie with just enough tech and romance thrown in. And I like Mark Wahlberg in just about anything.
June 17, 2017
book better, but still fun
June 1, 2017
How much more boring does this movie have to be I find it not to be a good movie it looks to serious of a movie with guns and fights, not my sort of movie
May 27, 2017
PHENOMENAL achievement that only the 'tea, lady fingers and thee' set could find anything objectionable. SUPERB script, casting, directing, filming, editing.
100% all the way.
March 20, 2017
Ryan Phillipe is extremely underrated. Wahlberg continues to deliver. Can't wait for season 2
January 24, 2017
Very entertaining and definitely has rewatch value. Not interested in the politics
January 24, 2017
I've had this in my collection for 2 years and just not got round to watching it. I found it very entertaining. A bit hypocritical that the whole film is based around a man trying to clear his name after he is accused of killing someone.... by killing lots of other people.... oh well. Still good entertainment.
January 5, 2017
no weaknesses, excellent movie
January 1, 2017
Some people are reading way to much into the NRA angle. I enjoyed the movie for what it was. Entertainment. It lost one star because it didn't end with Bob Lee Swagger standing over Colonel Isaac saying, "You lose, I win."
½ December 28, 2016
Plot holes everywhere but a decent action movie.
December 22, 2016
Entertaining, but not great.
½ December 20, 2016
A one time watch...with some decent shocks
½ December 13, 2016
Can't anyone see how dull this film actually is and how stupid this guy is for falling for this.