Slither - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slither Reviews

August 20, 2017
It's flawed and extremely low-brow, but it's such an amusing (dare I say) romp that I don't think it's likely for most people to get through it without a chuckle or two. The pacing is perfect, and the visual effects made it hard for me to look away. "Slither" is everything that comes to mind when I think of a James Gunn film, and that's a very good thing.
½ August 13, 2017
Funny, gross B-movie homage.
August 8, 2017
This flick is so much fun and well-written, I had a blast watching it.
½ August 4, 2017
A total blast. An homage to several old horror flicks, that's hilariously done. Great characters, great dialog, awesome effects. I love this movie, and it still holds up.
July 6, 2017
Now that's what I call a true homage to a genre, in this case to the b-movie horror\comedy genre that flourished in the 70s and 80s. Absolutely beautifully done, the technical side is outstanding, so is the horror and especially comedy part of the movie. True fans of the genre, of such explosive mix will be satisfied and pleased.
½ June 29, 2017
Gross, creepy and funny. Slither is an underrated alien/zombie movie that's worth watching when the Halloween season comes around.
June 28, 2017
A comedy horror which succeeds in making you both laugh & gross-out, all at the same time. The shift from comedy to horror happens subtly & cleverly with the two often intertwining for the most disgusting scenes of the film. The acting part is not exemplary but is altogether adequate.
May 23, 2017
What a weirdo James Gunn is! Saw this post-GOTGvol2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. A different movie that is silly fun from start to finish.
May 20, 2017
Creepy, weird, not very good or very funny. Not scary either. I'm not sure what the aim was here but it definitely missed.
May 4, 2017
Interesting body horror alien type film
March 17, 2017
It's a fantastically funny and clever piece of genre. If you love horror, you'll love this. If you like funny movies, you'll love this. James Gunn is great.
January 15, 2017
It was interesting to return to this one after basically a decade, just to see how it holds up, and I have to say that for a revisit from the collection, I really dug this even more on the re-watch.

From the foul-mouthed mayor to the goopy gross creatures, there's so many hilarious things peppered throughout the horror that it actually surprised me that I hadn't come back to this sooner.

Well worth a look, recommended.
December 17, 2016
An amazingly fun horror flick that will make you chuckle and squirm all at the same time.
½ December 15, 2016
This is really fun. That's all I have to say. Also, Nathan Fillion.
½ December 4, 2016
Gory, campy, and hilarious, Slither is a self-aware B-movie with great practical effects. [B]
October 29, 2016
What a fun creature feature this is!
October 22, 2016
I didn't care for this. The humor didn't land it's just a very gross film (visually).
½ October 18, 2016
Gross, creepy, and funny. Slither is an underrated alien/zombie that's worth watching when the Halloween season comes around.
October 10, 2016
Pretty formulaic creature horror movie (B style to a B+ standard) but Gunn fills it with wicked humour and fun characters. The gore and creature effects are agreeably cheesy. Fillion, Rooker and Banks are in fine form.
½ September 21, 2016
To be honest, it's not so good at CGI. Despite the low-budget production, it has some impressive moments. And it's amazing, like hell.