Smokey and the Bandit Reviews

• 3d ago

All top ingredients - Top script, heaven for stunt drivers, mighty cast, great music - totally oustanding piece of movie entertainment.

• 5d ago

The original "Fast & Furious" driven towards pure storytelling enjoyment instead of focusing demographically with Burt Reynolds charismatically headlining how unexpectedly clever the film turned out to be that verified its comedic classic status, albeit the purposefully dated implausibility. (B+)

• Nov 12, 2020

These movies were so popular and cute at the time. I was sorry to hear about Burt Reynolds' cosmetic surgery gone wrong. May he rest in peace.

• Sep 08, 2020

Classic. An 18 wheeler and fast car work together to get a shipment to a certain spot at a certain time on a bet. They pick up a hitchhiker followed by a jilted almost father in law.

• Aug 11, 2020

Funny and fast. Just don't expect anything overly dynamic for the plot

Funny and fast. Just don't expect anything overly dynamic for the plot

• Jul 16, 2020

There is just not enough here.

There is just not enough here.

• May 04, 2020

It's just fun. Yes the premise is simple, and the plot leaves much to be desired. But for pure entertainment value, it's a great way to spend a couple of hours.

• Apr 19, 2020

The greatest outlaw country movie, ever. I've seen this movie so many times, that now when I see it, I turn off the sound and play outlaw country music with it. It's like watching a big tribute to the outlaw craze of the 1970's. Crank up some Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels, Hank Jr., Johnny Paycheck, Jerry Reed, you get the picture. Don't forget the Coors beer.

• Apr 08, 2020

It was a fun movie filled with action and humor.

It was a fun movie filled with action and humor.

• Mar 20, 2020

Some pretty decent slapstick comedy result in laughs combined with some enthralling car chases. Some funky tunes add well to the ride however the general plot takes the short cut when it probably should have stayed in the pits.