Sometimes in April - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sometimes in April Reviews

June 30, 2016
Wow for a made for tv film it delivers! A very disturbing yet powerful film that humanizes and explains not only how rwanda genocide happened but how genocide can happen anywhere. A good overview of what happened in Rwanda and how quickly the violence eScalated. Actors were great esp lead. Takes a look at all the contributing actors who fuel the flames yet refuse to take responsibility when the house burns down (colonization, countries who sell arms, military men looking for power, propoganda and hate media). A lot of hypocrites and people turning a blind eye and apathy leaving victims helpless. Bill clinton and his admin, as well as the united nations couldve done a lot more to help. The sad part is i think this will happen again as history repeats itself, esp when lessons arent learned and no real justice occurs-only happened about 20 years ago! A haunting tale of humanity's cruelness.
May 15, 2016
A great movie despite the unimaginable, despicable, cowardly events it brought to my attention.. Loved and appreciated this movie like I did Hotel Rwanda.
April 16, 2014
The film is excellent, no commentary is needed, just rent it, see it. It basically does the rest.
October 28, 2013
Excelente filme assistam !
August 14, 2013
very hot..................
½ July 8, 2013
A tragic story about a Hutu military captain and his family, taking place during the 1994 Rwandan genocide. Both grippin and heartbreaking.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
September 30, 2012
Very factual and very well done...
September 2, 2012
DISTURBING! YOU WERE WARNED!
May 6, 2012
One of the most beautiful films i have ever seen. I can honestly say this film inspired more emotion in me then anything else i have EVER seen.
INK~
April 17, 2012
Stirring...lest we forget
March 30, 2012
Probably the most rounded and complete story of the devasting events of the Genocide in 94. Idris Elba - what a performance. Stunning movie which for some reason hasn't received the hype of Hotel Rwanda or Shooting Dogs. A must see.
½ February 12, 2012
"When did paradise become hell? When we finally grasped the horror, it was too late"
January 16, 2012
This is a good movie! sad and depressing also a great deal of anger. I was getting pissed at how they mistreated and killed innocent civilians including women & children but that's the sad part is all around the world is facing similar situation. Good Performances by the way, the movie was just too long though.
December 27, 2011
Amazing movie. It broke my heart.. once again.
½ December 2, 2011
A heart shattering look into the Rwanda Genocide. If I had not watched this in my Sociology class, I would have been crying the whole way through.
September 29, 2011
amazing movie I discovered randomly while staying at a hotel in Mexico.. it was kinda a "oh this is in English, lets give it a shot" deal. Wow. Once you start watching you cant stop, and I left feeling ashamed that I had no idea about this tragic event. 800,000 people killed in about 100 days... Its moving, shocking, and something everyone should see at least once~ wonderfully made movie too, was really surprised to find out it was only a made for TV Drama.
September 21, 2011
absolutely brilliant. one of the best, most powerful movies I've seen.
May 29, 2011