The Sound of Music Reviews

• Oct 10, 2020

It was very enjoyable story,some incredible songs to hear.really enjoyed the classical musical and julie andrews amazing actress and singer in her era.

• Sep 22, 2020

AFI 100 Greatest Films - #55: This film is a prime example, for me, of nostalgia winning out over a hokey plot or performance. It had probably been 25 years since I last watched this musical yet I was shocked at how well I remembered the story and songs, evidence of the lasting impression that has remained on popular culture. I know many people from my generation grew up with mothers who loved this film, as I did, and part of the fun in watching in my house growing up was poking fun at the corniness and unintended laughable aspects of the film. While some of the acting could definitely face criticism Julie Andrews delivers the type of performance that makes envisioning anyone else in that role impossible. The scenery and set design is exquisite throughout the whole film, in both the natural environments, as well the constructed indoor sets. And the marionette scene, always my favorite, didn't disappoint with age.

• Sep 10, 2020

Three hours is way too long for a musical.

Three hours is way too long for a musical.

• Sep 08, 2020

One of the best classics of all time. The music is timeless and the story is beautiful.

• Aug 31, 2020

Never seen it! and i'm no spring chicken!

Never seen it! and i'm no spring chicken!

• Aug 25, 2020

A slick musical with very catchy tunes but I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

• Aug 02, 2020

Thank God for my mother who raised me watching amazing classics like "The Sound of Music" among many others. This has always been and will always be one of my favorite movies for so many different reasons. Too many to list here, for sure. I can only say that if you haven't watched it yet I envy you that first time experience of seeing this charming film. The songs in this movie alone are worth watching it for, but the story is also wonderful. It may start out kind of light and fluffy and then comes the second half of the film and you realize that this is so much more than a just a light hearted musical. The costumes and scenery are also fantastic! I still come across people who love the movie, but didn't realize that the Von Trapp family was a real family in Austria who fled the German occupation.

• Aug 02, 2020

It can improve my listening skills

It can improve my listening skills

• Aug 01, 2020

Show-off with the music choices. Incredible sing-alongs, with the cast of talent! The rhythm of the steps taken to this film are high!

• Jul 27, 2020

A very good movie. I ta has everything: love, war, drama, tension, really good music and dialogs.