Spark: A Space Tail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spark: A Space Tail Reviews

September 10, 2017
Interesting premise, but lackluster plot, writing, and acting
½ August 28, 2017
It had the potential to be a decent film. Maybe if it had taken itself more seriously and gotten rid of the more juvenile aspects, it would've been a nice movie to sit through.
½ August 10, 2017
Saprk: A Space Fail

My rating could be a little harsh, but, come on, if you have seen it, then you know the film lacks in everything. Firstly, the production was decent, especially for non-Disney, non-Pixar and even for non-Dreamworks and Sony, it is enough. The film was aimed for little kids, so keeping them in mind, it is a better film. Secondly, the characters and its designs were okay. But the story was merely the same dystopian theme. You know, dangerous visionary tries to destroy the planet and the years ago separated family finally unite and brings all the allies together to fight the villain. The end determines the fate of the great battle everyone involved in.

For me, it looked more like a television film. Or even better if it has been a television series. Because somewhat it reminds the recent 'Trollhunters'. A boy possesses the secret weapon and trains hard to fight the evil force. Each episode with a different action, adventure, it would have been a wonderful series. Anyway, despite the film failed to impress its viewers, I won't say it is that bad. Watchable film, but there's no fun, only for timepass. Even for the timepass, there are a lot better ones out there. So showing it for only young children might justify, since they can't differentiate between good and bad, except enjoying everything they see.

3/10
½ July 29, 2017
This just recently came out on DVD. I decided to rent the movie and give it a watch, and my goodness, it was a drag to sit through! It had a generic story, mediocre animation, and unlikable characters. And the worst thing about this movie was that it gave me flashbacks to the terrible time I had while watching Space Chimps, and that movie's already awful enough as it is, so a reminder of that movie's existence just makes this movie even worse! I would say that Spark: A Space Tail is on the same level as Space Chimps, although I would say that the writing is worse. The animation in Spark: A Space Tail is slightly better than Space Chimps, but that's seriously not saying a lot since the animation itself is still pretty subpar. It's just an all around horrible movie. Then again, what else should I expect from the people behind The Nut Job?
May 30, 2017
All the adventure of watching fungus grow on the leftover food you've got in the fridge.
May 25, 2017
This is the most boring animated movie ever, to many flat joke everywhere
½ May 25, 2017
I am rating this half star too much.
The animation is terrible.
My daughter thought it was terrible.
We were 13 minutes in before we gave up.
April 30, 2017
liked the characters and the artistry
½ April 27, 2017
Boring tones in actors. Should have hired the Rock
½ April 18, 2017
Wish I could put zero stars
April 16, 2017
Unfortunately not good at all. It may had have potential but never picked up . Wait for Netflix if u have or prime video.
April 16, 2017
Hollywood is clearly running out of ideas for animation! This looks dumb. Just like The Boss Baby.
April 16, 2017
What happened to good children's films first boss baby and now this? If I had a child I would show it classic movies not this garbage.
April 15, 2017
it was boring everyone knew what was going to happen
April 15, 2017
Looks bad and like a cheap version of Star Wars and I hate Star Wars
½ April 15, 2017
I would rate this 0 stars if I could
April 13, 2017
Looks stupid by the way
April 13, 2017
I'll go see Boss Baby instead, and that's saying something.
½ April 13, 2017
Terrible. Corny jokes and stolen lines. It tries to give potential but just flops. Just no
½ April 12, 2017
I don't like my children... I took them to see this and they died. Best 15 dollars I've ever spent.