Spider-Man Reviews

• 16h ago

I thought this was great when it first came out. It doesn't hold up at all and has been surpassed by several later Spider-Man. There are things that work but a lot completely misses the mark.

• 5d ago

Macguire is not a representation of Spiderman

Macguire is not a representation of Spiderman

• Jun 19, 2019

How audiences rated this film 67% is absurd. One of the best comic book movies to launch the millennium era with outstanding performances, a great script, beautiful score by Danny Elfman and crisp direction helmed by Sam Raimi. Not to mention, it has amazing rewatch ability. Love this movie!

• Jun 19, 2019

"Still the best Spider-Man having good character development and great story telling something The Amazing Spider-Man movies and MCU Spider-Man lack."

• Jun 13, 2019

This Movie had good actors, but a total miscasting. Only fitting role was J Jonah Jameson. Nonetheless The Actors Worked With The Roles They Where given, and pulled off a relatively decent movie

• Jun 07, 2019

The best Spider Man movie ever!

The best Spider Man movie ever!

• May 15, 2019

This movie is a great spider-man movie! If you love spider-man this is it for you. What keeps it from getting five is that Mary jane and aunt may could've been written better.

• May 08, 2019

The most friendliest Spider-Man film you can see with an upright origin story and a handful of character development

• May 08, 2019

While some may prefer Holland one must admit that this is one of the greatest superhero origin films of all time. And in 2002 it was the greatest superhero movie ever. And it just still may be.

• May 04, 2019

This movie is in my opinion, just okay. It's good, but nowhere near as amazing as people say it is. One of my main issues is how hard it tries to be like the tone of the original comics. Sorry, this isn't a comic book. The line "We'll meet again, Spider-Man!!!" doesn't work in live action. Speaking of that line, what kind of script and direction was Willem Dafoe given??? I KNOW he can be amazing as the Goblin! His face is perfect for a great makeup effect to turn him into the Goblin! Even his performance as plain old Norman Osborn comes across as sophisticated and intimidating! But once he's the Green Goblin, he becomes a complete cartoon character in all of the worst ways. It also doesn't help that Mary Jane Watson is one of my most hated characters of all time. She is so complainy, always needs rescuing (I think four or five times in this movie), and is such a complete tool. Like I said, there are many good things in this movie. J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson is the single perfect thing in this entire trilogy. He is hilarious in every sense of the word. Uncle Ben reminds me of an old man I knew, and was very likeable. There's enough good in this movie to recommend it, but still very overrated.