Spider-Man Reviews

• 6d ago

Tobey Maguire gives an acting show in Spider-Man, with intelligent script and brilliant performances, is one of the best in the franchise.

• Nov 20, 2020

Spider-Man (2002) - With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility! Considered as one of the most successful superhero movies ever made, "Spider-Man" is a superhero film adaptation of one of Stan Lee's most popular Marvel comics, and becoming one of the first movies to score the highest opening weekend in the box office. There's no wonder, because this is an exciting and enjoyable motion picture. One of my childhood favorites, to be exact! This movie tells the origin story of Peter Parker, or Spider-Man, portrayed by Tobey Maguire, whom after being bit by a radioactive spider, he has gained extraordinary powers to climb walls, shoot web, and beat bad guys. But all that must be put to the test when Parker has to defeat one of the first villains of the Spider-Man universe, the Green Goblin, portrayed by Willem Dafoe. Although Maguire is somewhat bland in a few of his movies, I respected that he fit the role of Peter Parker perfectly, playing a shy kid, with no powers to either beat the bad guy or win the girl. Although given some of the corniest lines of dialouge in this movie, Kirsten Dunst makes an adorable portrayal as Mary Jane Watson, while giving a great chemistry with her co-star. But, Willem Dafoe seems a little miscast playing the deadly Green Goblin, feeling more like he's suitable for drama, instead of action. Rosemary Harris, James Franco, Cliff Robertson, and J.K. Simmons, round up the supporting cast, bringing some memorable performances on-screen, especially Simmons, who steals every scene he's in as J. Jonah Jameson, the angry editor chief of the Daily Bugle. There are few corny and goofy moments from here and there, but that doesn't stop the exciting momentum that this movie brings. Filled with impressive visual effects and a wonderful music score by Danny Elfman, director Sam Raimi perfectly stays true to the original Spider-Man concept, and delivers plenty of exciting action sequences that are both fun to watch, and stay true to the plot. Behind "The Dark Knight" and "The Avengers", "Spider-Man" is probably my third favorite superhero movie. I can watch this movie over and over again, and it's still a fun time. I was easily impressed with this movie, and it never disappoints to entertain. Everyone will find something to enjoy for sure. "Spider-Man", in my review, "a refreshing story, and exciting action".

• Nov 13, 2020

Es muy buena película llega a recordar los comics de la silver age , la actuación de Tobey Maguire como Spiderman es muy inspiradora

• Nov 13, 2020

This is truly amazing and spectacular if you know what I mean

This is truly amazing and spectacular if you know what I mean

• Nov 10, 2020

There are some slow scenes, and you have to deal with Toby Maguire who periodically wets his skirt and has a physical resemblance to Golem from LoTR, but the original Spider Man movies benefit from a 1990s flavoring that induces nostalgia in present-day viewers, and at the time of their making instilled great entertainment. Some people might find that there are long periods of dull nothingness, but I personally think that the movies are better because they focus more on the personal lives and eccentricities of the characters. It's not a bad film, just be prepared for some faults that are otherwise easily overlooked.

• Oct 28, 2020

Sam raimis spiderman holds a speacial place in my heart as the first spiderman on the big screen..A classic

• Oct 27, 2020

This was a great origan to start off an almost perfect trilogy. This movie had all the heart and cheese ness you wanted in a early 2000's comic book flick.

• Oct 25, 2020

An okay movie for the time but not the best of the franchise we learn

An okay movie for the time but not the best of the franchise we learn

• Oct 06, 2020

Charm and entertaining corniness makes Sam Raimi's iconic Spider-Man a fantastic and unique viewing experience. I find what makes this movie so good is how memorable it is, in that after you've watched it even once it'll stick with you for quite a long time.

• Oct 04, 2020

a film that I already consider classic, one of the pioneers in this footprint of making hero films, the script and direction by Sam Raimi is very faithful to comic books, and it is also worth mentioning the fun that this film offers.