Spring Breakdown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spring Breakdown Reviews

March 25, 2016
Hilarious from start to finish. great cast and story. touching as well and gets you in the spring break mode. one of my top ten favorite movies.
½ August 5, 2015
With the exception of Missi Pyle, this is an awful, unfunny movie with terrible characters. I've already forgotten it.
½ May 16, 2015
Over the hill humor is pretty one-note, but this cast brings us a film that's just funny enough not to bash.
July 10, 2014
Spring Breakdown stars Amy Poehler, Parker Posey and Rachel Dratch as three thirty-something losers. They are 15 years out of college and now they are going on a spring break vacation.
The movie is riddled with clich├ęs, and you will know what is going to happen next.
Yet somehow this movie is Surprisingly Hilarious! I found myself laughing along Almost the whole time. There are a lot of great actors in this movie and they all embody their different characters perfectly.
The movie is short and spends just the right amount of time necessary to give us the background information needed on each of the characters. The movie does not take itself seriously so it works very well for a quick, funny comedy.
½ June 29, 2014
Could not finish this
½ February 7, 2014
I like Amy Poehler. As a comedic actor, she has fantastic timing and sensibilities, and is one of the better comics to recently graduate from Saturday Night Live. Which makes it even more disappointing how amazingly "meh" this film actually is.

Also featuring Parker Posey, Rachel Dratch, Seth Meyers, Sophie Monk, Missi Pyle and Jane Lynch, this film tells the story of 3 lonely women who crash a spring break to mind the future Vice President's daughter.

I'm guessing the hilarity was meant to come from the way that the 3 leads all fell into 3 different college stereotypes, but I'll admit whatever the joke was, it passed me by. Not much happened here at all, only a couple of minor chuckles.

Disappointing film.
February 5, 2014
Es una pelicula mala, ejecutada por buenas actrices que hacen todo lo posible por hacerla disfrutable y lo consiguen. Basada en una historia escrita por Rachel Dratch, protagonizada por ella y las excelentes Parker Posey y Amy Poehler. Tres "perdedoras" que regresan a su "spring break" porque a una de ellas le dan una asignacion especial en su trabajo. Pelicula hecha para que la pongas mientras haces otra actividad, funciona bien como fondo de conversacion. (Texto intencionalmente sin acentos).
½ September 1, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Amy Poehler was funny as always! It was entertaining.
½ May 28, 2013
another basic straight to dvd comedy that is only funny because rachel dratch is so ugly lol! she knows it and she works it, i wouldnt recommend this movie but i dont regret watching it
May 18, 2013
Funny and Feel Good movie.
March 29, 2013
Fun times with a few wacky ladies. This is all the proof I need that you CAN be too old to go on Spring Break.
½ March 26, 2013
Worth a watch. my favorite line is when Judi (Rachel Dratch) says: You damn right it's a walk of shame, cuz I just got me some, bitches!! ;)
March 4, 2013
67%

"Becky, arn't you tiered of being a door mat, letting the Masons of the world just win all the time?"-Ashley Hartmann (Amber Tamblyn)

Captures the absurdity of the scene.

"Just drink the damn thing!"-Charlene (Missi Pyle)
½ February 27, 2013
Funny almost entirely due to the wildly talented cast not so much the writing which is not terribly original if not entirely cliche. Enjoyable.
February 6, 2013
You should take the shocking poster/cover art as a clear warning - stay away this movie is not good! It's very disappointing considering the talent of actors involved - Parker Posey, Amy Poehler, Amber Tamblyn and epsecially Jane Lynch. There are a few laughs, or moreso chuckles, throughout but overall it's a pretty weak comedy.
October 12, 2012
Payback's A Beach!
October 1, 2012
This film is utterly hilarious as it is awkward. The perfect cast. I would have gone with a different route with the ending, talent shows and those types of competitions have been done. But Posey, Pohler, and Dratch make the perfect match as three awkward friends with one awkward friendship you just can't help but laugh at what they go through together and how they react to what's popular and what they missed in college. A must see comedy. If you enjoy laughing 'til tears come out, you'll love this film.
½ September 5, 2012
I really enjoyed this little piece of gem. Laugh my whole way though. Kinda silly and campy, but the lines were hilarious and the story itself is really cute. The humour used was pretty decent, not like the comedies these days.
½ June 9, 2012
i was so bored and they tried so much to give a message but they didn't succeed!!!!
½ May 15, 2012
not as terrible as it's being reviewed..!