The Stepford Wives Reviews

• Jul 04, 2020

Una nueva versión del clásico de 1975 con un elenco de primer nivel, una premisa ya probada que simplemente no tiene el encanto, la gracia ni el compromiso de la película original. Supongo que el guión fue tan malo que ningún protagonista pudo elevar el material que tenían en manos y ésa es una muy mala señal. No les revelaré el secreto de la película para no arruinarles la experiencia pero es parte fundamental de lo que diré, es una película que deshumaniza a los personajes de una manera que nos hace perder el interés en los primeros 30 minutos. La comedia tan agresiva en 1975 fue exuberante, aquí vemos simplemente comedia que no va más allá de los clichés de género minimizando la premisa tan prometedora. Una lástima.

• Jun 28, 2020

Terrible film that smacks you over the head with its message while thinking it is subtle.

• May 01, 2020

Better than it's reputation and it's a biting black comedy thriller

Better than it's reputation and it's a biting black comedy thriller

• Apr 22, 2020

I thought this film was very good with solid performances from the leads. The premise is quite scary but it manages to add some light heartedness, goofy humour and campiness to the whole affair.

• Apr 16, 2020

مجمع سكني للأثرياء يقرر رجاله استبدال زوجاتهم بروبوتات أنثى لتحمل صفات الزوجة المثالية، دائمة السعادة عديمة الشكوى والتململ. كيف اكتشف أحد زائري المجمع "الخلل" الواقع؟ كيف سيكون شكل العالم مع هذه النماذج/الزوجات؟

• Apr 05, 2020

With this serving as my introduction to The Stepford Wives I thought it was decent. Totally bizarre and unexpected. (First and only viewing - 3/18/2020)

• Oct 09, 2019

Even though I haven't seen the original, I thought this movie was lame. The movie could have been way better if the plot had been better but it was way too predictable and full of un logical behavior or happenings. Basically this is your standard chick flick but it failed in all cylinders. As that being said I give " The Stepford Wives " a D-.

• Sep 15, 2019

Nothing original, I'm sorry I wasted my time watching. Actually, it was so bad I started playing vid games. Don't waste your time like this all-star cast did...wish I got paid to watch a junk movie, just like these actors got paid to play junk in junk movie.

• Sep 10, 2019

Watched this as a teenager and thought amazing!! Now in my late 20s thought, let me watch this again! Checked the reviews and thought that's not how I remember this film? Watched it and now in hindsight, its a time passer which you can easily distract yourself from as the plot is kiddish and all the points where they have potential to hit even just a bit, became a kiddish joke from a movie aimed at 10 year olds. e.g. the scene where Joanna is confronted by all the husbands and their justifications for wanting robot wives are "we wanna be the men!", "yeah!! we're sick of it".... did the writers not have anything more elaborate to add?? The ending is ridiculous and actually contradicts exactly the message the film is attempting to make. Why were none of the husbands jailed?? Wow revenge is to make the husbands do all the 'women' responsibilities!! Again reinforcing the stereotype that women are incapable of any complexity, that the only payback they could think of was to turn them into housewives, and still stay with them after finding out their husbands turned them into robots!!! And even more pathetic, is the fact that Joanna stays with Walter and their relationship has improved, despite the fact that he was fully ready to turn her into a robot too, until she made the life saving move to kiss him, which apparently gave him a change of heart. Haven't seen the original, but I will. This film is sad and pathetic and a waste of so much potential its ridiculous.

• Aug 04, 2019

It seems completely watchable as long as you don't look for the sensibilities of the original movie.