Straight A's - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Straight A's Reviews

January 11, 2016
Cute but the storyline is split in too many directions
½ December 27, 2015
I don't really know what to say about this movie. I liked the soundtrack, I didn't quite like the acting. There were scenes that I quite enjoyed, then there were scenes that I didn't enjoy at all.
I didn't believe in Ryan Phillippe and Luke Wilson as brothers, although I did believe in the history between Ryan Phillippe and Anna Paquin.
Anna Paquin wasn't exactly as good as she was in The Piano, although it's difficult to be that good.
I liked the storyline but I thought the movie was quite slow and difficult to get into it and I just felt that Anna Paquin was the only actress worth keeping. I would have been happy if they'd replaced everyone else.
½ December 2, 2015
Boring but I liked this one!
October 16, 2015
muy interesante peli! 6/10
June 13, 2015
Really did not expect a lot, just another Saturday afternoon movie. Little did I recognize how much this would touch this old man's heart! It had justmabout every emotional element a human being could experience. Some of the reviewers seem to think that they just HAVE to give you a negative, Supposedly,
to try to come across as "professional"! To hades with that notion especially with a really good entertaining movie. Does this movie make me laugh? You bet! Does it touch my heart? Absolutely! Does it teach us anything! You bet your pathetic! Could go on but not needed If you enjoy feeling those human emotional and haven't seen this movie, you are the Loser. Especially if you followed the negative connotations of some of the reviewers
Morris Floyd
January 14, 2015
Where was this movie hiding? What a tear jerking twist!!
October 11, 2014
An excellent film... highly underrated... & another great performance by Ryan Phillippe.
July 18, 2014
I started watching this movie with little interest and because I liked
some of the actors. The movie felt so realistic and unlike most
Hollywood films out there today.

I quickly became absorbed in the complexity of the relationships but
the simplicity of the characters involved. At the end i was reminded of
what a difference a day can make.

Simple but impactful ..... Loved it!
½ June 23, 2014
it might be touching and sentimental but clichà (C) and the twist is deja vu

Khaled watch it guess it and tell me what was that
April 1, 2014
James Cox is an awful director, using natural lighting has left much to be desired. Sun rays through window glass exhibited a lot of glare. Night shots were horrendous and during one scene where Luke Wilson's character returns, you can see the shadow of the boom mic throughout the entire scene. He is an embarrassment to film making.
½ March 14, 2014
Gets a Straight 'F' for fail. Horrible story and dreary script needless to say avoid at all costs
January 20, 2014
It has potential but you just come out afterwards thinking WTF did I just watch.
½ December 9, 2013
don't bother slow as molasses turned it off after 20mins on to the next one
December 8, 2013
Was really enjoying it until the very end. Did they run out of money or something. Very odd!
November 12, 2013
For me this is a movie that hits all too close to home.. Well written.
September 29, 2013
intriguing story line. The name of the movie doesn't really make sense to me but I liked the film. Great cast in a story of family dysfunction. Enjoy the music as well.
½ September 29, 2013
Good story with a solid performances by the cast, but the ending was a total cop-out.
½ September 27, 2013
I am give this one a "C" at best. Good performances but a dull story.
September 12, 2013
"Straight A's" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: I was dubious about Ryan Phillipe as a troubled Texas stoner, but he not only pulls it off but does an amazing job. Great characterization. A movie full of honest emotion and drama.

The Bad: At times, it felt like they weren't sure what to do next. It was like they had written the beginning and the ending, but weren't sure what to do in the middle so some scenes felt crammed into the film.
September 12, 2013
"Straight A's" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...