Street Kings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Kings Reviews

September 24, 2016
I can't believe the reviews for this movie are so poor. If you're a fan of Keanu, this is about as Keanu as it gets. I generally agree with RT, but this is off. Great action scenes. Intense mystery. The events are a little hard to track but if you watch carefully, or watch twice you'all be amazed by how twisted but smart the plot is. Nothing is as it seems and the ending is epic. It may be a bit implausible but if you can get on board with a couple hours of cop and gang violence, you'll like this movie. A few very famous black actors and rappers. Not as much white star power. Keanu is one of the only action stars that I follow like a cult fan and this one definitely does not disappoint.
August 4, 2016
Stellar performance by Forrest Whitaker! Four stars hands down!
August 1, 2016
8/1/2016: A pretty decent cop drama with a great cast. Lots of action with an intriguing story.
July 31, 2016
An average cop drama film that had the formula to be great but it gets lost in the story and with all the twists and turns that keep happening it was hard to keep up with who was good and bad and that really killed the film for me, Keanu Reeves was good but quite bland in scenes, Some quite good and brutal shootouts, Forest Whitaker was as he usually is great and steals the show but even he can't save this film from becoming just another forgetful cop drama.
½ February 15, 2016
File this under the small amount of police dramas where you may legitimately not see the twists coming. However, watching Keanu trying to play a street-smart antihero cop can at times be painful.
½ February 11, 2016
Decent Crime Movie...
February 11, 2016
Dirty cops doin' dirty cops dirty deeds come clean with dirty justice's sweet revenge.
February 4, 2016
So...

Here we have it, at long last: a cop thriller starring Keanu Reeves, Forest Whitaker and Dr. House that is needlessly convoluted, unsuccessful as mystery and even somewhat offensive. Reeves plays, in what is actually a passable performance, an alcoholic, racist cop with a penchant for ultraviolence. Sleepwalking Whitaker is his boss. Dr. House is, in a completely thankless and unnecessary role, an IA dude who sounds and acts rather uncannily like Dr. House.

There's also a big, twisty, topsy-turvy cop-killer plot that hopes very much to be on the level of a whodunit like the far superior "L.A. Confidential", which also fails.

In the end, this is an unnecessary, ugly, mildly offensive film that left me a bit depressed and extremely baffled.
½ November 13, 2015
Seen it before violent action shoot 'em up.....not done bad but not that good either.
½ November 7, 2015
I love how the cops are running the streets and Keanu Reeves just dominates the role.
½ October 15, 2015
Pretty much just like Training Day (not surprising, since the director wrote that movie), except Keanu is playing both the Denzel and Ethan Hawk roles.
½ September 26, 2015
I really enjoyed this film. Keanu Reeves does a great performance along with his co-stars, who was all chosen very well for their roles in this film. The movie brings a lot of great action scenes, with twists and turns which keeps the suspense going all the way till the end. I definitely recommend this movie.
August 26, 2015
One of the better cop movies I've seen in a long time
August 14, 2015
it was almost decent, lacked a lot but it almost made it up with the characters
July 24, 2015
Keanu Reeves delivers a rather stale performance this time around a the crooked cop Ludlow. Evans fares better as his partner, but none of the actors benefit off of the shallow script. The film is well-directed though; its one of the darker, grittier cop films I have seen and the plot is complex enough, perhaps a bit too confusing. Very dark and violent movie.
½ June 3, 2015
It sure has an impact what so ever.
½ February 21, 2015
Satisfying action thriller!
January 21, 2015
Street kings in not that good a movie but it has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi that keeps you glued despite some cringeworthy bits. That and two great performances, from a gruff Keanu and an exuberant Forest Whittaker make this movie well worth watching. Hugh Laurie, Jay Mohr, Terry Crews and Captain America round up a solid cast and the serviceable direction by Ayer offsets a boring, predictable script.

In any case, after a re-watch several years later, i'll go with a recommendation on this one.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Finally a decent action crime movie starring Keanu Reeves and Forest Whitaker. I like these cop movies with dirty cops , gangs on the streets etc.. This one reminds me of Traning Day in a way. Story was okey for the most part with some twists on the way. Anyway very watchable flick , enjoy.
December 28, 2014
Really well done. Never understood why the bad reviews. I guess some don't know the real LA like Ellroy.