Sucker Punch Reviews

• 6d ago

To this day I don't get why anyone was ever confused about the plot, it may be because the director's cut is still fresh in my mind, but everything is pretty well explained. Apart from that, despite the paper-thin characters, the ambitious "anime-like" action sequences might be just enough to keep you entertained.

• Apr 22, 2021

So underrated! Great actions and storyline.

So underrated! Great actions and storyline.

• Apr 03, 2021

Apparently a key scene was cut and a lot of what Zack Synder wanted in the movie was too much for Hollywood. Typical...

• Mar 29, 2021

4.0/10. this is one of Snyder's worst films with it being very boring, a dull storyline and not that interesting action. Overall, it's a strange movie that doesn't accomplish much.

• Mar 20, 2021

Yes another aesthetically beautiful film. The soundtrack is epic, the action is glorious and this film deserves credit as its friggin awesome

• Mar 18, 2021

If you watch a movie to have fun and keep thinking about it, then this is a great movie for you. Forget about that feminism agenda, or if the director is a "White straight male", this is not a place for that kind of nonsense, this is a film, it's supposed to portray whatever we like. And this movie can be really likable if you can just forget about your real-life problems, and focus on what the characters are struggling with. The plot is complex. Kind of confusing, maybe a bit too much, but it gets a good idea after you give it a thought. The action scenes are fantastic, the music is amazing, and if you're pro-violence in films, you won't feel disappointed. The only main problem I see is that acting, sometimes is weak, but the weird acting sometimes helps to the purpose of the film, since it feels weird, and some scenarios (which are great btw) are also weird the acting and the ambiance make a good mixture. In short, if you like action movies and plot, watch it. If you're out here looking for "representation", "feminism", and some kind of realistic elements for you to feel identified... then, maybe this is not for you, unless you finally understand what the movie is about.

• Mar 16, 2021

This movie is absolute genius and whoever thinks otherwise simply has not understood the meanin g behind the extravagance.

• Mar 12, 2021

Honestly this is such a misunderstood movie which focused on women empowering & mental health.

• Mar 11, 2021

With a mix of amazing action sequences, awesome female empowerment and emotional psychological metaphors, SuckerPunch is the greatest feminist rebel action film of the decade.

• Feb 18, 2021

This movie got a bad rep from some who didn't get it, and others only see "hot chicks with guns". I see a film that is entertaining and engaging (and yeah there are totally beautiful women kicking butt) and also layered as hell. It is built of layers while being an examination of layers- how we build them in our communities, in our shared imagination and mythologies, and in ourselves, and the powerful purpose they serve in creating, protecting, nurturing, and fortifying everything that matters to us. If all you see is the outfits, you only see the first layer, and this film is so much more than that.