Suite Française Reviews

• Apr 18, 2019

5/12/2019 It was the most unlikely time to fall in love, what with the raging starts of the war marching into the commune of Bussy, France. But the attraction between a French woman, who was left in the cares of her stern mother-in-law, and a German army lieutenant was the only thing that made sense during this time. An all-star female ensemble highlighted this period romance.

• Jan 31, 2019

A must see romantic movie , if you loved the Notebook or Titanic this would be a love story that goes on the records and the cast...oh my goodness!

• Dec 28, 2018

a reasonably polished film, the romance is very subtle though, and the script just drifts along until we reach the end. only so-so for me.

• Sep 10, 2018

I can see how this kind of story would happen in the midst of war. Love the main characters.

• Jul 30, 2018

Odd why the critics fawned over this on release, I haven't read the source novel but even flicking through the Wiki summary it seems this has done it a grave disservice. The story has been reduced to cliche, a French set story populated exclusively by characters with clipped upper class English accents and a clunky Mills and Boon central romance. I was bored by the end, and would rather give the book a try.

• Apr 17, 2018

A tale of conflict and fighting for what's right, even if there's something holding you back.

• Mar 18, 2018

Loved the film.Very thought provoking.

Loved the film.Very thought provoking.

• Mar 03, 2018

Plot is too cliched, and characters are from the molds. Nonetheless, enjoyable movie. Michelle Williams and Kristen Scott Thomas show superb acting!

• Oct 22, 2017

I am not a great fan of romantic movies but i enjoyed this one, it's very well acted and directed. Not the most original story, but it caught my attention. It's the little story of two normal people on the (very distant) background of the great story of WWII.

• Oct 03, 2017

The story line is enticing and the actors are superb.

The story line is enticing and the actors are superb.