Sunshine Superman Reviews

• Sep 06, 2017

A sweet documentary on Carl Boenish, an ordinary guy with pioneering thoughts & abilities.

• Apr 25, 2017

This was a very interesting look into the history of Base jumping. Even though a lot of the film footage is old, it still looks incredible. This documentary is bittersweet, but I think it earns itself at least one watch.

• Feb 18, 2017

I enjoyed this one and the stories the told of early adventures in BASE jumping

I enjoyed this one and the stories the told of early adventures in BASE jumping

• Jan 11, 2017

High flying, adored.

High flying, adored.

• Jun 18, 2016

Thrilling documentary, but I will never understand the pleasure of jumping off of a cliff.

• Apr 14, 2016

A well made life affirming film.

A well made life affirming film.

• Mar 31, 2016

Carl Boenish's enthusiasm is contagious, but "Sunshine Superman" is frustratingly slow-paced. Despite my grievances, however, I think this is the film that the father of BASE-jumping deserved.

• Jan 18, 2016

documentary about how BASE jumping was started. great old footage, a fun documentary to watch. also, the soundtrack is full of great classic rock.

• Jan 17, 2016

I hate to make a comparison but the documentary "McConkey" pretty much blows this documentary out of the water. How many times can you watch the same boring couple jump off something in the same way which involves very little skill (but like Russian Roulette takes a lot of nerve and little sense). Carl's wife seemed emotionally disconnected and unconvincing at selling BASE jumping as a life altering experience and using the old adage's of "he died doing what he loved" and "we knew the risks involved" in a cold monotone voice. Anyhow watch the documentary "McConkey" after you watch this and you'll understand my two-star review.

• Dec 31, 2015

Very good movie about the birth of BASE jumping.

Very good movie about the birth of BASE jumping.