Superfly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superfly Reviews

April 13, 2019
Strong performances and a good screenplay that will no doubt leave fans of the crime genre feeling satisfied. Loses a star for its borderline cheesy action scenes which made you feel like you were watching a Jason Statham movie.
March 23, 2019
Overall the action was good and the main actor saves the movie. Otherwise it‚(TM)s a flop.
March 10, 2019
I Loved this movie and Trevor Jackson did a Great job as Priest.
February 9, 2019
I seen the original movie and for the year 2018 it fits well as a version that this generation can relate along with older generations that can appreciate as do i the lead actor trevor Jackson was excellent in his character would love to see him in many more movies he's a great actor Jason Mitchell was also excellent i enjoyed him and yhe role he played because the movie could not have been a 200 stars without them together they fed off each other alongside mr Williams and last but not least mr moralas he's a great actor 5stars but this viewer believes that you all deserve 200 stars and ladis ms Davis and ms londo you ladies deserve 200 stars thank you great job again hope there a superfly 2 just wishing new and old fan always godbless oh im in Indianapolis now from phx mr Jackson is from here nice to know that oh great job to the producer mr future and writer ect
½ January 24, 2019
If the African-American community is happy to be represented this way, worse for her.
(Mauro Lanari)
January 18, 2019
I thought the story line was great, I was rooting for the main character to get out alive. I thought they did a great job and were really creative telling the story.
½ January 18, 2019
My complaint is you get no background on him to know where he's coming from, and trying to figure out what is going on and who is who is just as bad.
½ January 16, 2019
Horrible so cheesy bad acting bad plot not thought out wasnt anything gangster so tv rapper fake hood stuff what a waste of money i wasted my time watching this the only thing that was light wait coo was the music
January 14, 2019
Everything outside of the supporting cast Is kind of a mess.
½ January 12, 2019
I like the first one better
½ January 5, 2019
This movie wouldn't be bad, but what did they spend the 16 million budget on? Black Klansman was a 100% perfect movie, but this seems quite the opposite. Maybe if I didn't just watch such a good movie before this, it wouldn't have been that bad. It wasn't that bad, but was just expecting something with a more polished feel to it, or at least something I haven't seen before. This is literally no different than Get Rich or Die Trying, Juice, Boyz N the Hood, Sugar Hill, etc., but just not as good. I really wanted to like this movie, but it just seems like something missing. The scenes just seemed like a soap operas director made them, and the acting seems very fake. I can't really even put my nose on it, and I really don't mean to sound rude or give a bad review, but I just cannot say I liked this. I feel like Terrance Howard could've made this better if he starred in it instead, or someone more expensive.
January 1, 2019
pretty good movie. a story that has been done to death but a cool new style and vibe. likable characters. good soundtrack. and some interesting moments. i did have a few issues with it but nothing too egregious. enjoyable overall, but i probably won't watch it again (1 viewing)
December 14, 2018
A fun movie that doesn't take itself to seriously. I appreciate the faithfulness to the original. Stayed true and added some new characters and twists.
December 2, 2018
Silly and disappointing ending of a story which has nothing to do with real life whatsoever. Stupid fairy tale which you learn nothing from.
½ December 1, 2018
This movie was 1000 fire emoji's. Loved it.
½ November 28, 2018
God awful acting with the exception of Michael K. Williams. Lousy cinematography and story. Watch something else if you truly value your time.
November 24, 2018
There are gruesome crooks attempting to make a killing in terms of getting better load and get away with it. It ain't to be true they frightened by some duo cops looking for easy acquisition. This movie has a great idea and a plot, but could've made a way better.
½ November 14, 2018
No vi la orginal,pero esta versiòn es muy plana.
October 29, 2018
Hope it's as good as it looks. Got my attention . will watch using my boxxy software