The Nugget - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nugget Reviews

September 13, 2013
Very funny and entertaining movie with the valuable lesson that money doesn't bring happiness, especially between friends. A humorous take on The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
June 20, 2013
The Nugget is an excellent film. It is about how instant wealth suddenly changes the lives of three working class men. Eric Bana and Stephen Curry give amazing performances. The script is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Bill Bennett did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the humor.
½ October 2, 2011
A interesting australian film. Fresh.
½ August 3, 2011
What a fantastic Aussie comic movie . I have a seen such a aussie comedy after a long ..
March 10, 2010
Not as good as the Castel but had its funny moments. No one does comedy quite like Australia.
½ December 2, 2009
Not bad, but predictable.
October 17, 2009
After coming across this one Saturday morning, I ended up sitting and watching the entire thing with intending to, but it ended up being a pleasant surprise. The film doens't really tackle any groundbreaking topics or unveil much about the level of greed people achieve, but it certainly had a few laughs, a likable cast, and some clever moments. I don't think I recommend that you hunt it down right away, but if you happen to stumble upon it unexpectedly you should give it a shot. It's still quite something to get see Eric Bana at his comedy roots after being accustom to his more serious roles (Although 'Hulk' was pretty laughable)....
September 23, 2009
Second best Aussie movie ever.. behind The Caste.
September 9, 2009
Not a bad movie at all. I laughed a few times.
½ September 7, 2009
Fun fable that would please most people.
May 20, 2009
this is a really good movie i watch it over and over again funny as shit yurgen its gol hahahahahahahaha
½ May 3, 2009
Meh. I just wanted it to be over when I was 1/2 hour into it... this wasn't great. It wasn't horrible, but I'll never need to watch it again - nor did I take anything away from it. It was nice to see Eric Bana in a comedy (wearing some seriously dated flannel shirts and light jeans).
October 13, 2008
Another great Aussie movie to be watched.
September 1, 2008
Wish I could say something positive about this film as it is Australian and a small production...yet, I´m finding it very hard.
July 26, 2008
oh this is sooooo funny!!! i totally recommend it!!! it's got to be one of the best aussie movies yet!!!
June 25, 2008
Funny decent Australian movie
June 20, 2008
Loveable Story & Characters. Quite Funny When They Cart It Round In The Ute.
May 28, 2008
greatest movie of all tiome
½ May 15, 2008
Gold (No Pun Intended), great comedy and good references to being an Australian. Belinda Emmett's last movie and although sick she was fantastic as was Eric Bana, the cameo from Max Cullen is outstanding. Good Aussie comedy with laughs about being Australian and havings mates.