The Band's Visit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Band's Visit Reviews

August 27, 2018
great movie, everybody should see it. A movie from another, better, world.
½ August 26, 2018
It's the most boring musical I have ever seen in my entire life. Can't believe it won in the Tony's. It is so dragging. Wasted my $150 bucks on this one.
½ March 30, 2018
Can understand the Broadway musical being a hit.
½ March 28, 2018
Sad little movie that keeps you watching; Arabs and Jews and in some way what could be and what it is. I liked the characters, their character and personalities. Very good.
May 14, 2017
A story defying expectations and a camera that is always at the right place make for a beautiful and clever bittersweet comedy.
½ May 26, 2015
Tremendously entertaining, with a fine message.
March 13, 2015
Really enjoyable and uplifting. Nice to come away from a movie feeling positive for a change
May 18, 2014
Sweet, funny and poignant. Worth seeing over and again.
May 3, 2014
Loved this. An Egyptian band gets lost in a small Israeli town. Full of pathos, but very funny too.
April 17, 2014
A nice Israeli film that was not heavy handed and ridiculously charming. Highly enjoyable.
December 21, 2013
The Band's Visit [Israel, 2007] Amazing how it outlines loneliness & cultural barriers through its cinematography, music & silence. 8/10
½ November 13, 2013
One of the oddest films to convey the will of human spirit; this mockumentary unfolds cultural inanities as a search for meaning, appreciation, and love in the moments of our life. This movie is certainly an international gem.
½ November 11, 2013
The Band's Visit is punctuated by steady cam shots of the barren desert in Israel. A band is on its way to perform at the Arab Cultural Center. They get stranded in the desert and taken in. The plot is slow moving, even for 1 hr 29 minutes of running time.
½ September 22, 2013
The Bands Visit starts off on a bizarre note and instantly makes you catch hold of the irony of the situation. The subtle humor and the nuances make this film a delight.
August 16, 2013
Definitely not a comedy but a good film nonetheless.
½ June 23, 2013
Very interesting experience. Worth seeing.
June 3, 2013
"Those who like their comedy, romance, and tragedy in quiet doses should enjoy this textured story."
May 26, 2013
This had been on my too watch list since it's release. Finally sat down and watched it today. It's a beautiful film that just encompasses everything I enjoy about film. A simple story is told in a deep and explorative fashion, its unpredictable and takes place in the course a single day. It also is a reminder of the little quirks and nuances that people share, despite their perceived cultural differences. Highly recommend this movie!
May 3, 2013