The Bodyguard Reviews

• Dec 12, 2019

one of the best moview I've ever seen!! great acting and sequences

one of the best moview I've ever seen!! great acting and sequences

• Nov 01, 2019

Predictable, bad acting and terrible script.

Predictable, bad acting and terrible script.

• Oct 11, 2019

The Bodyguard is an underappreciated flick which is definitely standard in its plot, overlong in runtime and particularly prolonged and boring in its second act, but the first act is quite romantic and fun whereas the third act has its well-executed thrills. The soundtrack is also solid. Kevin Costner is boring in his role, but Whitney Houston was simply stupendous for a debut film, and she's wonderful throughout.

• Sep 30, 2019

What about this is good or believable. I felt like i just kept rolling my eyes at every scene.

• Jan 27, 2019

The best romance movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: I Will Always Love You!

• Dec 29, 2018

Saw this for the first time. It has aged well and Whitney's voice still leaves you breathless. As predictable as expected.

• Nov 22, 2018

A melodramatic 90's "thriller" that rides high on nostalgia for many because of its iconic soundtrack courtesy of the late yet great Whitney Houston. It does have its moments, whether it be from Houston's sheer charisma as an screen presence (though not so much her acting ability), Kevin Costner's likeable straight-man shtick or occasionally clever bits of Lawrence Kasdan's screenplay. But it can be a jumbled, predicable affair as well. Thankfully, it moves by quick enough to not overstay its initial welcome.

• Oct 27, 2018

Frank Farmer (Kevin Cosner) is the new bodyguard for pop sensation Rachel Marron (Whitney Houston) who is being stalked by a potential maniac. As the threat grows closer, so do the two protagonists. They don't have great chemistry but the story is entertaining enough. What stands it in classic stead, is its soundtrack, stacked as it is with hit after catchy hit.

• Sep 14, 2018

The Bodyguard could have been a great movie. Instead, it's just one of those movies you enjoy on TV and later wonder what its best version could have been. That said, you root for this love story the whole time.

• Sep 13, 2018

I loved this movie. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Do not understand the Tomato score at all. My faith in the tomato meter just lapsed.