The Bye Bye Man Reviews

• 6d ago

Worst movie I ever seen I wish I could get the time back in my life, one of the biggest disappointments ever! The bye bye man is in it like once!

• Oct 11, 2019

Direction: Stacy Title Cast: Douglas Smith, Lucien Laviscount, Cressida Bonas, Doug Jones, Carrie-Anne Moss, Faye Dunaway, Jenna Knell The Bye Bye Man is an interesting film. The film begins in 1969 as a man with a shotgun walks around his neighborhood and murders anyone who said 'the name' that should not be said. Fast forward to the present, college students Elliot (Douglas Smith), Sasha (Cressida Bonas) who is very tasty , and John (Lucien Laviscount) move into an off-campus house. After they discover the name The Bye Bye Man, things start to go bump in the night and they feel a presence around them. The more they think about the name, the stronger the presence grows. So, they start hallucinating. Those hallucinations lead to distrust, misunderstandings, and irrational fear. First and foremost, I really liked the concept. The hallucinations aren't particularly frightening, but I thought they played out well. They help create a sense of doubt in every scene. The film was also paced well, never dragging its feet. And fairly well acted.There is some suspense here. It's not a nail-biter, but it shows some effort. 7/10

• Oct 09, 2019

A rotten piece of garbage. It made no sense, everything was stupid, and all the acting was awful. The only thing keeping me from giving this the lowest score possible is the fact that this is the only horror movie I saw with my mom that legitimately made her laugh uncontrollably in the theater.

• Oct 05, 2019

An interesting idea, but this particular movie wasn't executed well enough to actually make it worth watching.

• Oct 02, 2019

The first 3 minutes are fantastic. They hint at a terrifying story, they're masterfully shot and constructed. The next 5 minutes you want the unlikable, boring characters to die. The 10 minutes after that, YOU want to die, just to be done with it.

• Sep 03, 2019

This movie is clearly a suggested metaphor for anxiety and OCD. If you have it, you will understand. Can't get something out of your head and it consumes you.

• Aug 15, 2019

This movie is a sin to humanity.

This movie is a sin to humanity.

• Jul 19, 2019

Good movie and it was confusing too

Good movie and it was confusing too

• Jun 19, 2019

Ouch! This movie is painful to watch. Only reason I was at all interested to see this was for how awful folk said it was. If you like a horror film which doesn't rely on cheap scares; while sporting a competent script with unique story and concept then I'd suggest you keep far away from this movie. Just comes to show any hack can churn out a movie to rake in millions of dollars. One of the worst horror films of all time... too bad to even watch ironically! Avoid at all costs!

• May 25, 2019

This film is very very good! This film deals with a psychic theme, I consider it a psychological rather than a horror film, because it is not easy not to think of something that can hurt you and that you can find anywhere and anytime. And this film tackles this theme perfectly.